Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does anybody else like payless?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: does anybody else like payless?
    Posted: June 08 2003 at 8:02pm
i LOVE payless shoes! does anyone else like payless? i have a closet full of shoes. most of them from payless. my mom and i are like a kid in a candy store there LOL. i even got my wedding shoes there. when i was a teen i thought payless was gross. now whatch out
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 8:31pm
Hi Princess,

I actually LOVE to shop for boots at Payless. They usually have boots that I can't find anywhere else and they don't break the bank. I am a big boot fan. :-) Do you have Payless in the malls or do they have standalone stores in strip malls? I seem to find the best finds in the standalone stores.

Hugs,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Bratty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bratty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 8:39pm
I just love Payless. I love shoes. No matter where I am shopping I always check out the shoe stores. I like to find them on sale so I can buy more. LOL.

Bratty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Hi Princess,

I actually LOVE to shop for boots at Payless. They usually have boots that I can't find anywhere else and they don't break the bank. I am a big boot fan. :-) Do you have Payless in the malls or do they have standalone stores in strip malls? I seem to find the best finds in the standalone stores.

Hugs,
Karen

did you mention boots? i LOVE boots! i must have 20 pairs at least. what am i talking about it has to be more. i have black, white, camel, red, brown, blue, etc. not all from payless but most. i can't see paying a lot for boots beacause i love to have a variety. i got a really cool pair of boots at payless years back. they look velure.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 9:42pm
I have a love/hate relationship with Payless. On the one hand, they have great styles, good selection. On the other hand, MAN they hurt! I really can't wear them to work, because I walk so much on my way to and from. Often I'll have blisters before I even get there!

Though this is not true for ALL Payless shoes. Just most of them. I have a pair of UGG knockoffs that I got from Payless that are pretty comfy. But they're leather. Maybe it's just their plastic shoes that hurt me. These particular pair of boots, (the UGG knockoffs) are mid-calf high fur lined boots that look like an eskimo might wear. They're big and chunky and I wear them with knee length skirts. So cute, if I do say so myself.

My other beef with Payless is that I'm sure they're all made in sweatshops, but so are so many other things we buy, even some $100 shoes, I'm sure. It's terrible, but there's not much we can do. It's so hard to buy only Made in the USA. I feel guilty for buying anything but, but I don't do much about it, either.

You know Monica, I hated them when I was in HS, too. They have changed! Their styles are MUCH better now. Must be new management.

And Karen, I agree. Better selection in the non-mall stores. I think they have fewer customers, so it's not as picked over. I think fewer customers also means the store is more in-order, not so messy as some of the mall stores can be.
I love their boots also! Heeled boots won't be comfy, even if you spend $100, so may as well get the $10 knockoffs from Payless and get some insoles!
I have the brown high heeled boots with fringe that they had this past winter. I paid $5 for them on clearance, and I get lots of compliments on them!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 10:19pm
a lot of people say that about payless shoes being uncomfortable. i've bought expensive shoes too and they hurt! i think it depends on the style in my opinion.
yes supergrover they changed managment. robinsons-may now own them.
payless are different in where you live i think. i live in san diego and a friend lives in la. she can never find the ones i buy.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 10:35pm
I love to pick up a few pairs of shoes at Payless now and again. My boyfriend always scoffs when I do. I bet he wouldn't know the difference if I bought them there without his knowing...

Elissa
[/url]

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 7:42am
I found a really cute pair of saddle shoes on the payless website for about $10 a few years ago. Now I see the SAME shoes going for three times that on eBay. Silly people.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 9:44am
If you have odd sized feet, Payless is not good. I wear a 9 1/2 narrow and they NEVER carry narrow shoes. So Payless is only good for flip flops for me. Their shoes look cute though. I would certainly buy them if they fit.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 1:56pm
I'm 14 and I bought all but 2 pairs of shoes there. I loooove that store! Payless has a good selection and i am also obssessed with their purses...Personally, I don't see the point in buying shoes that are so expensive just because they have a label when you could go to PAyless and find the same shoe minus the label!
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 2:18pm
I LOVE PAYLESS! It's the closest shoe store near me so I hardly go anywhere else but Payless. I wear a size 10 1/2 so it's great for me. Lots of other shoe stores don't go past size 10 for women.

Anyway, I get so excited when I find a pair of shoes that fit me and look good on my feet and they're on sale for like $5.

Also, I have 2 children and once they were about 2 years old I stopped buying Stride Rite's for them and they wear Payless shoes now. The doc told me any shoes are fine for children as long as the soles are flexible.

If you see a pair of shoes in Payless but they don't have your size, you can order them online and have them sent to your local store with free shipping.

Caramia
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

If you have odd sized feet, Payless is not good. I wear a 9 1/2 narrow and they NEVER carry narrow shoes. So Payless is only good for flip flops for me. Their shoes look cute though. I would certainly buy them if they fit.

Yeah, what's up with that? They always have wide, but not narrow. I have narrow feet, too.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 3:36pm
I don't regularly buy from Payless (I like the really soft leather which unfortunately costs a mite more) but I DID get a great pair of saddle shoes there. I don't wear them for swing (nothing can replace Bleyers) since they're rubber-soled, but they're still cute for vintage wear. Now...ha-ha-ha...I see them SAME ONES on eBay for more than $20! Look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2846327239&category=1065

Ridiculous. Mine were $10 with free delivery to the local store.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 9:37pm
If you sell shoes, I am there!!

Weather it be payless, richs or dollar general!!!

Love the shoes!!!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
NewOrleansLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewOrleansLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 1:59am
Keeping up on shoe trends can be expensive so I don't mind buying from payless if they have what I am looking for. I do a lot of running/jogging so for athletic shoes I won't go that route but, anything else and I will definitly shop there. Although, sometimes payless shoes look like payless shoes, if you know what I mean. Even if I don't buy from payless I still won't go over a certain amount since I like to buy the new shoe styles for summer or fall. I just can't justify having a closet full of expensive, out of season/style shoes.
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but, wish we didn't."
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2003 at 9:02am
Let's name the knockoffs at Payless! This store is starting to jump on the fashion wagon…I've counted at least half a dozen copies of designer shoes created for the masses at Payless. Not leather, but still, they are getting much better, especially considering these are CURRENT wares still in the department stores…

Nine West

Nine West

Nine West

Anne Klein

Kenneth Cole

Franco Sarto

Franco Sarto
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2003 at 12:31am
I love Payless! This past spring, I found a really cute pair of sandals there for $9, and they have held up far better than many more expensive pairs I have (furthermore, I wear them more than my other sandals because they are much nicer-looking). I also have a pair of chunky-heeled loafers from Payless that have lasted for 2 years, and they go with so much of my wardrobe. I've never really had a problem with fit there, as my feet are about a 9 medium or wide, depending on the shoe.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2003 at 3:15am
I often forget about Payless, but yes I do love them. In fact, I just bought a cute pair of wooden-style brown slip on sandals for just $7, half price! These will match with so many things. The only reason I sometimes hesitate to buy their sandals is because they put the shoe size right on the top of the shoe. I'm a size 8.5 so it's not necessarily something I like to advertise. I guess it could be worse though, like if they wrote "PAYLESS" in big letters on the shoe.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2003 at 10:39am
Payless is currently having that buy one get one half price sale.
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 3:23pm
I LOVE payless too!!!

I have a bigger foot, (size 11) and I can still find cute shoes in that size! Plus over here in Germany they wear funky shoes (at least to me) There are shoes that they wear that are like WAYYYY pointly at the front. If I wore those, it would add an extra 2 inches to the end of my foot, NO WAY! hehe Yes Payless is good!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic