Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why do we love shoes so much?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why do we love shoes so much?
    Posted: June 08 2003 at 10:07pm
We are not alone. So many women have shoe obessions. A recent poll by Lucky Magazine said that most women have 30+ pairs. (Of course, that was a poll of Lucky readers, so I'm sure it was biased and may not translate to ALL women)

But why aren't more people obsessed with like uh, bracelets or skirts or pants or anything else?

Maybe it has something to do with feet. I think feet are cute.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 3:24am
Well there is definitely something that rings true to "put your best foot forward". Shoes are symbolic or so many things and of course shoes make the outfit, they make a statement and they offer a chance to show your individuality.

Just my opinion. :-)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 7:39am
Thirty pairs? Well that explains why Lucky always features handbags that are a "steal" at a mere $300, its readers can afford such luxury! I have perhaps a dozen pairs and two of them are saddle shoes. (I've cut back from six...flooded eBay with them when I was strapped for cash in college.) Personally I like shoes because I swing dance and good shoes are essential, unless you want twisted knees or goofy-looking spins. Ironically, as much as I love shoes I'm happiest when I'm wearing figure skates, snice it's the one sport about which I am truly passionate.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 7:40am
I too think that feet are really cute.

I love to go barefoot as much as possible and the only type of shoes I like are those which make me feel like I am walking barefoot on sand or air.
No heels for me.

I love shoes because they mean I can run fast without thought of getting hurt on glass or nails.

Shoes are enabling - that's why I love them.
Uzi

princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:41am
shoes can make a outfit look different. i feel i can make a dress look different with different shoes
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:43pm
That sure is true! Shoes transform an outfit.

There are some outfits where I wish I could just go barefoot.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 11:00pm
Ahhhhhh.......Shoes are Chocolate for the feet

Me? I have 97 pairs in my closet. My sister in law wears the same size as me so when I clean the closet out, she gets a new shoe wardrobe every season.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 2:57pm
I look at some women in those skimpy high heels and my feet start hurting, there is no way I could wear them. When my daughter graduated, I wore shoes that I had worn before, my feet hurt so bad, when it was over I walked in my stocking feet back to the car, about 6 blocks and threw them away when I got in the door.

I go for comfort! I hate breaking in new shoes, I usually wear a pair of canvas sneakers or walking shoes, for dress up I wear my docs or doc sandals. I have a corn on one toe and a big ol' plantars wart that I can't get rid of [blush] I've tried acid, formadehyde (RX) some natural stuff online, duct tape has worked the best, but it won't go away. Argh!

Not only that, but I 'fall' off of heels. I always wondered why I was called Grace when I was little. I wish i could be but I am not a shoe hound. My Mom and my daughter sure are though
NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 10:38pm
i thinki lie shoes because they define me image wise if i have fresh shoes on u know im a neat and clean person.

Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 4:21pm
^ yo i feel u on dat cause im like one of these rappers example nelly i have to have a clean pair of airforces or stacey adams if i see my white boys dirty the next week i will buy the same one and i do it ova and ova until i die or run out of money
THE KEY TO 360'S IS TO BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic