Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help!  My favorite Birkenstocks are worn-out.  Can they be saved?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! My favorite Birkenstocks are worn-out. Can they be saved?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! My favorite Birkenstocks are worn-out. Can they be saved?
    Posted: June 13 2003 at 12:57pm
Yikes! I have a pair of like 8 year old Birkenstocks that I love. They're a style that is no longer made, or I'd just buy a new pair.

Overall, they don't look so bad. The leather is in fine shape, and the rubber sole is still mostly there. I haven't walked on the cork the way you see some people do.

The problem is THEY SMELL! I think I let them get wet and they must have not dried quickly enough. I'm afraid the scent is trapped in the cork. What can I do?

I know I've heard of people sending their Birks back to Birkenstock to be re-soled, but I'm not sure that would solve the problem.

Any suggestions for me?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2003 at 11:34am
supergrover i'm not sure about the smell. maybe you can call where they resole them and ask if they can do anything about the smell. maybe tho a suede cleaner for them? my husband wear birkenstocks. his old pair were worn down completely. he kept saying they could just be resold. they were ridulous worn down to just get them resole i thought anyway. so for his birthday last year my mom bought him a new pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic