Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - These shoes will be mine!  Anyone heard of Cydwoq?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

These shoes will be mine! Anyone heard of Cydwoq?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: These shoes will be mine! Anyone heard of Cydwoq?
    Posted: June 16 2003 at 10:09pm
So I finally came to terms with the fact that my favorite Birkenstocks that have been my faithful summer friends for so many years have finally died.

I got over it quick by going SHOE SHOPPING!!!

There are some cute Birkenstocks out there now, sorta. I dunno. Not crazy about any of their sandals. They have some cute mule/clog styles that I may look into this fall.

But ANYWAY, I stopped by a local shoe store near work to Czech out some Birk styles and see what size I wear (the size on my trusty, yet smelly old pair has long since worn off). On my way out, I laid eyes on the funkiest shoes I've ever seen! I gotta get a pair? Who cares if they're $200?

Check 'em out. www.cydwoq.com I like the style called Dust. Though what I really need are sandals. So maybe I'll look around for the Anchor style. Those are cute, too.
The Bow style is super cute, too, but a little too Midsummer Night's Dream for daily wear. Which is what I need.

Aren't they so cute? They make me want to go dance around in the Safety Dance music video.

"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
grenwich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grenwich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 7:09am
BAD Supergrover! BAD! LOL

I like the Mummy style - some others too, but I can't justify $200 for a pair of sandals. Yikes......

Gren

1bCiii
between tailbone and classic (43.5inches)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 7:12am
Those are very cute and original. But $200 is a lot for a pair of shoes! That's like 400 cups of fat-free yogurt or 150 softserve ice cream cones at Dairy Queen (sorry, on a diet and think of everything in terms of food now.) But you live in NY so perhaps that seems more reasonable :-) Speaking of cash, I'm going to start a new thread about shoe prices!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic