Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thumbs up for very high-heeled platform shoes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
shinydome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinydome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thumbs up for very high-heeled platform shoes
    Posted: August 21 2003 at 4:04am
despite my height (i'm 6'3" tall) i love to wear platform shoes, the higher the better.
who of u tall women thinks like me and loves towering your partner/lover/hubby? i think it's great being always the tallest
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 1:27pm
I'm not as tall as you (5'7) but even so height has actually been something of a detriment for me. I swing dance and figure skate, and both are easier if you're shorter! I wear flats when I dance, however, so it makes aerials a tad easier
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 11:51pm
Sigh... I need to learn to be more like you.

I am 5' 11" and I'm afraid to say I slouch a lot. I think most of my life I have been always striving to fit in... I always felt like a bit of an outsider. Being so tall made me feel even more awkward.

I'm growing into the height however! (Pun intended).
I still don't really like to be taller than my man. Dunno why.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
shinydome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinydome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 3:54am
lyris, i agree that it might be easier for you being so small as you are. i've never seen a dancing couple where the woman is taller than 6 feet. most guys have to handle their dance partners and of course a tall woman is heavier than a small one.

i'm into fitness, high impact and bodybuilding as well as swimming, mountainbiking and snowboarding so i don't have to take care of my over average height. on fitness competitions i even wear my highest platform sandals (7,5") to lengthen my strong long legs even more, and the judges find it ok.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 4:20pm
Oh, how I envy you tall people!. I'm 5'2", and smaller than most of my friends. I can't wear platforms easily, either. To cut a fairly short story shorter, I'm left handed and have the same problem as a lot of lefties do. My feet turn inwards at my instep, so if I wear high shoes, either heels or platfoms, I'm pretty likely to twist my ankle and/or fall over. Still, let's all take a moment to pity one of my friends, who is 4'8". I don't think she'll grow much either. Her mum, dad and big brother are all short. Imagine the size of the platforms she'd need to be as tall as you are!

I hope that the pleasure you get from wearing platforms includes the pleasure that I don't get from wearing them. I hate to think of my share of enjoyment floating around, lost someplace. I've confused ME now.. Erm.. you know in When Harry Met Sally, that conversation about how many colds the average person gets each year? It's kinda like that. I think that's where I saw that conversation, anyway.

Hmm. I think I must be tired. I'm also hungry. Please excuse this little essay that didn't even make any sense. I'm sorry
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2003 at 4:45am
I wish I were tall! I'm only 5'1" and not growing at all anymore :-( . I'm so short I have a hard time finding pants to fit-- unless they're specially cut for petites, I usually have to roll them up at the bottoms to fit :-( . Right now the only heels (I guess chunky-heeled boots count?) and platforms I own are only like 2" of extra height, but I like every extra inch I can get. I've seen platforms online up to seven or eight inches, and if I thought I wouldn't kill myself on them, I'd be in them in a minute!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2003 at 10:39am
I am 5'9" and never really got into being tall. But then what are you going to do about it? My husband is really tall (6'4") so I don't ever tower over him and yes, I do love wearing really high heels. But I must say, I have always had trouble finding things that will fit properly especially pants and jeans. They are never long enough. Some companies now offer some pants/jeans in tall lengths but I have found that the cutest ones are never more than 31" inseam and that just isn't long enough for me. Oh well. I think people seem to be getting taller.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2003 at 11:58pm
*I'm 5'10", and I do like to wear high heels, although really high heels I don't wear often.
I agree with Shinydome, no need for a tall woman not to wear heels. Who says we always need to be shorter than men?
Silvertine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvertine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2003 at 11:09am
Right on!

I'm pushing 6' tall and apparently still going since I've grown out of half my wardrobe since last winter (I'm 17, going on 18). I do love heels though, even though I'm taller than all my friends even without them. Hey, it's useful in crowds and at concerts!
- sweet like a chic-a-cherry cola -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2003 at 10:06pm
LOL Silvertine! The chick-a-cherry-cola song!!!

I agree... I enjoy being tall most when I am crowded onto a packed subway or bus and I don't have to have my face in someone's armpit like everyone else does. I can enjoy fresh air!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Silvertine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvertine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2003 at 10:18am
The song is "I Want You" by Savage Garden. I looove Savage Garden!
shinydome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinydome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2003 at 6:51am
silvertine, you're absolutely right. being tall is very convinient on concerts.
i'm wearing high heels everywhere - even at home or at the beach. they make my already looong legs even longer and i love this feeling and those starings of the guys and the jealous girls. tall is beautiful!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2003 at 9:19pm
Yeah Shinydome... isn't that funny?

I was wearing heels today with a very plain dress. No makeup, hair down, untouched...
And every male pair of eyes was watching me walk down the street! LOL
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2003 at 11:24pm
I'm not a tall woman, in fact I'm petite and short, but short women look sexy in high heels too. High heels and a sexy dress or skirt just make a woman look sexy.

The problem is I don't especially like wearing high heels. They are not that comfortable.
tina
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 1:57am
Yeah, my feet are easy enough to hurt in completely flat shoes and sneakers, so heels for me are nearly intolerable to stand or walk in for any real length of time :-( . Maybe I need some of those arch support things I keep seeing on television?
More awesome than a manatee!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 11:18am
Quote I was wearing heels today with a very plain dress. No makeup, hair down, untouched...
And every male pair of eyes was watching me walk down the street! LOL

Oh come now like it's not that way EVERYday!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 8:58pm
You are right Lyris. I'm a guy and it's not that way with us everyday if we are looking at woman dressed plain with: no makeup, plain clothes, messy hair and so on,- even if she is wearing heels.

But then again Lyris it depends how, (well how should I say this?), h o r n y we are that day.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 11:45pm
Ah, well what I meant was that Traci probably turns heads every day of the week, makeup/hair/heels not withstanding because she's a lovely lady!

I, on the other hand, just wore a dress for the first time since July 2002. It was a surreal experience.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2003 at 12:15am
You just wore a dress for the first time in over a year Lyris? That's amazing girl!
I don't think I have gone more than 3 days without wearing a skirt or a dress. Don't you like to wear dresses Lyris? You are so feminine too, you would look so great in a dress I'm sure!!!
You wear makeup and earrings don't you Lyris?
tina

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2003 at 12:29pm
LOL Thanks, Lyris!

Yeah, I too am amazed that you don't wear dresses often. They're so comfy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic