Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what outfits would boots go with?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what outfits would boots go with?
    Posted: October 20 2003 at 4:55pm
I have always loved boots, especially knee-highs, but I've never bought any since I don't know what I would wear with them. Can some of you boot lovers here give me examples of outfits they could go well with? Then maybe I can finally buy a pair. Where is an affordable place to buy nice looking ones? (aka inexpensive but not cheap looking)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2003 at 5:16am
I like the look of knee-high "go-go" type of boots with miniskirts and sleeveless minidresses, but I'm really into the '60s nostalgia thing anyway. *shrugs* I hear mod is back in, though, so it might still work, even today.
More awesome than a manatee!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2003 at 7:37am
I just bought a really cute pair at American Eagle. I NEVER shop that wasteland of wrinkled teenage rags but they were having a sale. I wear them with a black turtleneck sweater and red plaid skirt--just above the knee and narrow. That look has been popular the last few fall/winters and it's great for the office.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2003 at 4:28pm
LOL @ wasteland of wrinkled teenage rags! I second that.

Both of your suggestions sound very cute. They're not outfits I'd usually wear, but I'm trying to wear what I really want now instead of just playing it safe.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2003 at 12:53pm
Boots that are about ankle-high go with just about anything. I have one pair that I bought earlier in the year. It goes with jeans, and even dress pants. I think knee-high boots go better with skirts than the ankle-length boots.
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2003 at 10:00pm
I like the look of boots with a nice snug pair of jeans, a nice shirt or sweater, and a suede, leather or blue jean jacket.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic