Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Platform Flip Flops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Platform Flip Flops
    Posted: December 15 2003 at 2:51am
I was recently out of town and was near a beach area and I stopped in to buy trashy shell souvenoirs. I was surprised to see a wall full of very high platform flip flops. They looked pretty cool and were in some amazing colors but I was shocked at how high they were. I am such a klutz that I would probably kill myself in them. Has anyone worn a pair of the super high platform flip flops?

Are they comfy or hard to walk in?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 2:37pm
I have a black pair almost 2" tall, and I think they're perfectly comfortable to walk in except for the strap which hurt my feet. I can only wear them for an hour before they start to hurt, but they're nice and casual to wear with jeans.
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 3:21pm
I have a pair from Old navy that are probably about an inch, to an inch and a half. They're not too bad, but the strap does also hurt my feet too. I'm always worried about my ankles in those shoes!!!
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2004 at 7:08pm
I like flip flops that have 1/2 inch to 1 inch of platform. I don't like the feeling that my feet are right next to the ground. My highest pair is about 1 inch, and I haven't had a problem with the straps at all. I do see platforms about 2 inches or higher, but it doesn't look too comfortable.
Tiffany_Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany_Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2004 at 1:06pm
I have a pair that are denim looking and anout 3" at the back ant 2" at the front . They are so comfy but sometimes I do fall off lol
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2004 at 5:59pm
That is all I wear right now. The most comfortable ones to me have a 3" heal and 2" toe and are made out of kind of squishy flip flop material. I had foot surgery six months ago and they are honestly the only shoes I can stand to wear still. I think the platform absorbs some of the wear off my feet and certainly keeps them dry if I happen to step in standing water. I love them! You can wear them with jeans, shorts, skirts and they can really be pretty dressy. I have several colors and try to match watever outfit I am wearing. They are also very inexpensive. My favorites can from Target for $10. I rarely fall off.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Joski View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2004 at 2:58pm
I think they look fabulous, especially when they are 3" and above. I have two pairs and wear them loads in the summer and indoors/outdoors
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic