Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stretch Marks?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
london411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote london411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2005 at 5:50pm
wow i just lost alot of weight too and i was actually thinking of lemon juice to fad the marks would that work?
wiqlf personal reassons=)
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 2:07pm

I think my biggest suggestion is cocoa butter and vitamn E oil or vit. E capsules.  I gained a ton of weight during my pregnancy since I was at high risk for a miscarriage.  I didnt really work out a whole lot, just ate!  I should really find a pic to show you guys..lol!  Anywyas, I smothered my entire body 3 times a day with cocoa butter and vit e oil or else I would cut a vit e capsule and spread the oil on my tummy.  And I dont have any stretchmarks.

I also kept using the oil as I was losing the weight.  I still have weight to lose and am slowly losing it, so I have been still doing this skin regimine.   I would really recommend everyone using a cocoa butter lotion at all stages of their life. 

Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Bambilee Bambilee wrote:

Originally posted by ll_insomnia_ll ll_insomnia_ll wrote:

A lot of people get stretch marks in their teen years.. but thats pretty much normal since their bodies are growing. They usually go away though. (In the teen situation)

I am wondering about stretch marks aswell. I got them in my later teen years around my hips, in the middle of my lower back, and of course on my Behind... they are kinda white.. scarred kind of lines.
I haven't found anything yet that makes them less noticable. I've tried anti-wrinkle cream, all kinds of lotions,they did fade over time, but are still there... I SEE YOU, DON'T THINK I DON'T! Anywhoo, I dont' think thier really is a sure fire way of totally REMOVING them. Have you seen Anna Nicole? Have you spotted the scars on her lower stomach? She's rich enough to afford any kind of surgery she wants... and that is still there.

I feel your pain... both of you! During puberty, I developed late, but very fast. As a result, I have mild stretchmarks on my hips and on my breasts. They are not terribly noticeable unless I am under harsh lighting. Still, if you discover that something works for you...pass it along!

I think I am going to try the vitamin E approach that was posted here, as I have a huge bottle sitting in my kitchen cabinet.
Energy Recruitm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Energy Recruitm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 10:02am
he Beauty for Life quiz matches information about your age, appearance, beauty regimen, lifestyle, and body image with facts and images that can show you how to look your best throughout your lifetime. Your Beauty for Life plan, created especially for you, will lend advice on both lifestyle changes and cosmetic medical procedures that can help you achieve your personal goals—today and in the years to come.

he Beauty for Life quiz matches information about your age, appearance, beauty regimen, lifestyle, and body image with facts and images that can show you how to look your best throughout your lifetime. Your Beauty for Life plan, created especially for you, will lend advice on both lifestyle changes and cosmetic medical procedures that can help you achieve your personal goals—today and in the years to come.

Energy Recruitment          
wvulovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvulovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 1:28pm
I've tried a lot of stuff and did not work. The stretches are down inyour dermis, the deeper layer of skin. lotions and cream can not penetrate this deep.

Have you heard of Fraxel laser treatment? its very pricey and I believe pretty new but it doesn't eliminates stretch marks. Whether thre new or old I'm not sur eif that matters.

My mom made me a appt to get a session. I got them 3 months ago from a 30 -40 pd weight gain that I got last fall. And the stretches appeared this fall. A year later. I hate them. They appeared over night. And it was all mainly due to a med I was put on...I went back to my docs 3 month slater and had gained 20 plus pounds and he immed. took me off it.

But its hard to shake those pounds. I'm 25 and never have been pregnant and never grow that fast or gained weight when younger.

If you want more info about fraxel and if ne1 wants to see my b4 and after pics after my first session in nov ill show you, just PM me. goo dluck
MajorLinda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajorLinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2009 at 5:06am
you can try this oil called BIO-OIL. You see a fast result and it really does work.
MajorLinda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajorLinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2009 at 3:09am
I've always heard good reports about Bio Oil. It's good to remove stretch marks. 
Howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 1:14am
Laser therapy has become too advanced now a days. Any type of marks , dents and other skin problems are treated nicely with it. My friend has taken this laser treatment for its face acne marks ans she has got remarkable results.
You can surely get benefit from it.
Howard 642-654 - 642-655
rosylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2010 at 6:25am
My mom is using mixture of Coaco Butter and Vitamin E for stretch marks on her face. There is a noticeable change on her face.

Of course Laser Therapy has become advanced these days and it works but it is quiet costly for middle class people... So I think Coaco Butter is better and also cheaper........
jasika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 12:58am
Stretch marks,for a stretch marks you use a natural or a home-made items for that is a best because if you prefer a  surgery then also take a guidance from a doctor then do because a some side affect  occur or a stretch marks a not a reduce this are happen,better use a using mixture of Coaco Butter this are the best use it.   
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 11:02am
Yes, they can be vanished, or diminished.
I won the battle against Stretch Marks by following a regimen recommended to me by a gorgeous friend.
First, Exfoliate every other day. To removed little by little those layers of  dead skin, and allow skin to renew, and create more collagen. I used a Micro-Dermabrassion cloth..fantastic!!!!
Second,  after you are towel dried, apply a mix of PURE UNREFINED Shea butter and NATURAL vitamin E.

You will see the changes in a few weeks if you are really devoted to this.

I still do this to keep my skin looking youth and fresh

If your skin is very sensitive you might want to exfoliate every 3 days or so. You known your body.

Now I do it every 2 days.  I noticed a HUGE difference on my skin, in general, not only stretch marks.

The Micro-Dermabrasion cloth can be purchased online, look it up. And it can also be use in your face.

I hope this helps!!

Edited by Aphrodiva - July 12 2010 at 11:03am
joybery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joybery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 4:09pm
There are special cosmetic surgery is available for removing stretch marks. All complications and major procedures, as well as with plastic surgery, including infection and possibly death is not the proper use of anesthesia. Moreover this surgery is quite costly of almost 5000$ to 8000$.
jamesdfrank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesdfrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2011 at 7:13am
Laser therapy has become very advanced today. Any marks, dents and other skin problems are treated very well with it. My friend has had the laser treatment for acne on his face marks ans has obtained remarkable results.
You can surely get benefit from it.
jerrywoods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerrywoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2011 at 7:59am
The main cause of stretch marks in pregnancy or sudden weight gain due to many possible factors. During puberty, hormonal changes is at its peak, which sometimes triggers a sudden weight gain. If you regularly work your muscles are developing very quickly, which could cause stretch marks on your skin.
marshdawman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marshdawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2011 at 8:12am
I got them 3 several weeks ago from a 30 -40 pd excess bodyweight that I got last drop. And the exercises made an appearance this drop. A season later. I dislike them. They made an appearance quickly. And it was all mainly due to a med I was put on. I went rear again to my documents 3 30 days slater and had accumulated 20 plus bodyweight and he immed.
maaria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 7:01am
Skin is usually fairly elastic but when grow or gain weight really quickly may get fine lines on body called stretch marks.

doctors notes

Edited by maaria - April 16 2013 at 7:01am
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 8:12pm
I think that laser has made a lot of progress recently and it is possible to use laser to reduce the way that stretch marks look as well as their texture. Creams definitely help! Cocoa butter and vitamin E oil. It can only do your skin good
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic