Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Morning sickness during pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morning sickness during pregnancy
    Posted: November 04 2003 at 11:40pm
I'm pregnant again,-(due in April)- and I do have some morning sickness, although it doesn't seem as bad as my first pregnancy, at least not so far.
My doctor said the best thing to do is not eat too much spicy food, and to eat a bland diet, and to get enough rest.
Eating plain bread or crackers and drinking some skim milk with it seems to help me. Yogurt with fruit and skim milk seems to help too.

What about other women here who have been pregnant? Did you have much morning sickness and what did you do about it, if anything.
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 10:28am
Congratulations tina.
During my first pregnancy I had the worst morning sickness.
They do have medicine for it . at the clinic they offered me some medicine but I decided not to take it.

I agree with the bland diet. also bad smells bothered me. keep away from bad smells if you can.
Take vitamins too and yeah get plenty of rest and don't over do it.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 7:05pm
Hi Tina. My best to you.
And congrats from me too.

As you know Tina I have two kids so I have been through it twice.
What I was told during my first pregnancy is instead of eating three full meals a day, eat 5 or more very small meals of bland food a day . The idea is to keep a small amount of food in your stomach at all times but never a large amount of food.
Stay away from foods that don't appeal to you, there should be enough healthy food that does appeal to you.
Another thing. Don't make real quick movements, like jumping out of bed to answer the door or the phone. Think graceful movements, smooth movements.
I personally liked a little soda too in small amounts, maybe a lemon-lime drink or a ginger ale. That seemed to help me, although maybe that is just me.
Of course take your pre-natal vitamins and have your pre-natal checkups at the clinic, but I'm sure you know that, this is your second time through this.

I was lucky Tina, I didn't have too much of a problem with it during my pregnancies.

As you probably know Tina, the further along you get in your pregnancy the less morning sickness there is, or at least that is usually the case. So it gets better and easier to deal with.

Oh girl I'm excited for you! Keep us informed Tina. Take very good care of your beautiful self!!!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 8:09pm
I had morning sickness with both of my kids but it wasn't too debilitating. I have friends who were so sick they had to go to the hospital but I was never that sick. I remember feeling sick most of the day, not just in the morning and really, really tired. I couldn't eat anything when I was feeling sick but then I wanted to eat huge amounts of food when I wasn't feeling real bad which was about lunchtime. It went away around week 12 with both of my kids and then I felt fine until the last month or so when you are just so huge that moving is a chore. It didn't help that I gained 60 pounds with each one either.

Have you tried those wrist bands that they use for seasickness? One of my really sick friends tried those and said they helped. I think lots of small meals are a good idea if you can do it. I guess just getting through it the best way you can is all you can do. Good luck. The end result is worth it (until they become teenagers).
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 8:12pm
Thanks for the advice Dakota, Jasmine and Demodoll. I read carefully everything that you ladies wrote. Some good ideas.

I already take vitamins and eat small meals of bland food. That does help.

Thanks again ladies for the good ideas!
MissErika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissErika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2003 at 2:31pm
Congratulations! I'm also having a baby in April. I'm due on the 11th. Next Wednesday I get to find out what I'm having!! I already have 2 boys so I prefer a girl but will take either or.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2003 at 11:00pm
Great Erika!
We are due near the same time.
I'm going for an ultra-sound too!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2003 at 8:42pm
Tina, are you feeling any better yet?
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 9:05am
Originally posted by tina m tina m wrote:

I'm pregnant again,-(due in April)- and I do have some morning sickness, although it doesn't seem as bad as my first pregnancy, at least not so far.
My doctor said the best thing to do is not eat too much spicy food, and to eat a bland diet, and to get enough rest.
Eating plain bread or crackers and drinking some skim milk with it seems to help me. Yogurt with fruit and skim milk seems to help too.

What about other women here who have been pregnant? Did you have much morning sickness and what did you do about it, if anything.

ormone changes affect the acid balance in yourstomach. The old wives tales say toeat pickles but i found just taking a swig of the pickle juice corrected the imbalance and the nausea was gone quickly. You do not need to eat th pickle to get relief, it seems the vinegar alone does the job.
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 10:23am
Eileen,

I'm not pregnant, BUT, if I was naucious, the thought of pickle juice wouldn't make me feel any better

Interesting how people find this things out!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 11:31am
That is most interesting! A chemical analysis and solution to the problem. My days of pregnancy are behind me (thank goodness) but I'll let my daughter know when and if the time comes for her.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 12:06am
I thank everyone for your suggestions!

Sorry, I don't like pickles. I won't eat any. -(tee-hee!)-

I'm fine Demodoll. I really didn't have that much of a problem with morning sickness. Just here and there. It isn't anywhere as near as bad as my first pregnancy with my daughter. I am eating bland foods though. I just ate a late night yogurt with skim milk.

Later ladies!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 7:51am
I've been pretty lucky so far, I'm queasy upon awakening but it's nothing a few crackers or dry toast doesn't cure. Then every couple of hours when my stomach's too empty I eat a few crackers or a tiny meal and I'm ok. No puking, thank goodness.

We now think I'm actually 7.5 weeks, will confirm by ultrasound today and let you know. So maybe I'm escaping m/s, I hope so!

[/url]

MissErika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissErika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 9:16pm
Ahhh, no morning sickness for you?? You are so lucky! With both of my boys I never got sick and this time around I puked EVERYDAY for the first 13-14 weeks. I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and I've been feeling great except for a little aching in my lower belly, it's already huge. Well, next wednesday is the day I'll find out (hopefully) what I'm having!! Then I'll be back for baby name suggestions. ;)
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 9:56am
Good luck! I'll be looking for the results here :)

And I was wrong initially, u/s shows I am 8 weeks pg today!
[/url]

Wendyixv11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendyixv11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 4:39am
replica watches near watches, medida que pasa el tiempo se hacen mas constantes. It is nine months later,found in vegetable shortenings_3, the week after Christmas, and Gamez is standing in his new house in the Canyon Gate development in Las Vegas. Vision is important. As a result, the pancreas will release insulin turning excess sugar into fat.. This innovative design employs magnetic attraction to a steel insert inside the carabiner nose to keep two independent arms locked in place,found in vegetable shortenings_3,
replica hublot watches, rightscitation needed to by Amer Sports. La cultura audiovisual imperante,Does he have a luxury watch_3, no obstante tener y requerir índices de lectura superiores, hace preferir aquellos "objetos culturales" donde la lectura es mínima o inexistente. Last September I was on vacation in Thailand. Therefore, dialogue and the protagonists nature assume great importance,Does he have a luxury watch_3, while external action is minimal and conforms easily to the three
fake watches,. She was a big bitch, and not very attractive,helping you fight off diseases_4, in my opinion anyways. thats like.$4 thousand something. Many fashion loving ladies likes it for the shape and style of this item. They may have spelled the name slightly differently, such as Carter instead of Cartier. "But the slowdown in China may last only three months and start up again. Oh,helping you fight off diseases_4, and then there's another perfume pit-stop (as I call it) going on in my bedroom
replica watches audemars piguet royal oak, realize the type of metal from which it is made. Not everyone learns the same. But apart from its benefits,chauffeur them on a shopping trip_5, you will find black tungsten wedding bands a number of myths surrounding the use of wedding rings made from tungsten. In theory and in practice she adhered to the idea of freedom for the child in its upbringing.. This will help it get into a good habit of keeping itself occupied while you are busy with something else
http://www.dibaq.com/fakewatches.html

for some exciting activities

with your spouse

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic