Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair color and nail chemicals during pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair color and nail chemicals during pregnancy
    Posted: November 11 2003 at 9:52am
I haven't used my permanent root color in several months, I've been using semi-perm. and my grey will soon be showing again like crazy. I have been trying to find out what, if any, color products are ok during pregnancy.

Yesterday the doc said it's fine, not a problem, but if it makes you feel better, wait until 2nd trimester. She said getting my nails filled etc. is fine too, as long as I don't work there (i.e. all-day exposure).

I was thinking of ordering Karen's herbavite color or whatever that stuff is called, it's made from veg. dyes and has no ammonia/peroxide. That's not the best for grey coverage, but I want to make sure I do the right thing here.

I'd feel better hearing more on these topics. Does anyone have any knowledge? Thanks.
[/url]

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2003 at 11:27am
I don't color my hair so I don't know about that.
Does anyone else here know?
MissErika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissErika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2003 at 2:29pm
Hey, I am due in April with my 3rd baby and I know that it is safe to dye your hair as much as you''''d like while being pregnant as long as you keep the area well ventillated.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2003 at 6:21am
Thanks Erika. Congratulations to you! And welcome to the boards.

Elissa
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic