Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skin probs during pregnancy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skin probs during pregnancy?
    Posted: November 18 2003 at 9:01am
Ok, these pimples are driving me crazy! I normally get the "once monthly" pimple, but now I have about six or so of them. I can't stand them! Nothing has changed in my routine or nutrition so I know it's the pg hormones. In fact, this was the first pg symptom I had, from just after conception.

I heard something about vitamin B6 helping to clear up the skin. Does anyone know about this, or other remedies to clear up the mess that the hormones have caused?

Thanks.
[/url]

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2003 at 9:01pm
I guess everyone reacts differently. I haven't been getting pimples.
Maybe you could just go out and get some pimple medicine, you know, clearisol or whatever.

I think it's ok to take vitamins or just use ordinary pimple medicine on the outside of your skin.
I wouldn't take any drugs or anything like that, you don't want to mess up your baby or your pregnancy just because you have a few zits.

Having a few pimples isn't that bad.

Besides, pretty soon you are going to be big and fat like a cow anyway!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2003 at 9:04pm
I don't know Elissa, if you are going to take extra amounts of vitamins or use pimple cream, maybe you should ask your doctor about that stuff.
I don't get many pimples so I have never thought much about that.

I wouldn't worry about it though if you have a few pimples, so what!

Make sure you wash real good to, of course!
MissErika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissErika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2003 at 11:27pm
Since I got pregnant my skin has been way clearer then it ever has. Shocking for me! Tomorrow is the day I get my ultrasound!!!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2003 at 8:15am
You guys are lucky. Most of the women on the baby talk message board I frequent are having the skin problems. It's best to avoid the active ingredients in the spot meds you've mentioned. They say this clears up eventually, it's all due to hormones.

Erika, good luck on your ultrasound. I loved hearing my baby's heartbeat last week. It's a great experience.

[/url]

MissErika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissErika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2003 at 3:58pm
It's a BOY!! My 3rd baby boy.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2003 at 3:59pm
WOW!!!!! congratulations, Erika!
[/url]

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2003 at 10:17pm
I had mine done too. I'm having another girl.
So if everything goes ok my daughter is going to have a little sister!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2003 at 10:20pm
Elissa I wouldn't even worry about it. A few zits won't hurt you any. We are not that sexy when we are pregnant anyway so who cares how we look right now, you know what I mean.

I never got many pimples when I was a teenager either, like so many people did. I have always had good skin.
I guess I'm lucky in that way.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2003 at 8:30am
I never have many pimples either, guess that's why I can't stand these.

[/url]

breece View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2003 at 11:21am
Who needs a pregnancy test I get pimples, I have tried everything, nothing works, I even involved my doctor. I would steam my face with lemon and that helps and I did a Oatmeal, salt, lemon face mask which helped alot and did not hurt my babies, and it is a really good scrub, I also got pimples on my back. Good luck. Oh with the oatmeal you have to grind it yo very fine, the salt well I add about a table spoon, and make it sticky with water and lemon juice. It will make your face dry if you do it alot.
Loiving a good life is not regretting it
at 60.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2003 at 8:51pm
Thanks, yup another girl!
Well I'm getting there Elissa!
I'm due somewhere in the middle of April!
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2003 at 1:55pm
My congratulations to all of you beautiful women on your pregnancies!
The very best of luck to all of you. Take good care of yourselves!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2003 at 8:50pm
Thanks Brent!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2003 at 6:20am
Thanks, Brent :)
[/url]

Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2004 at 9:54am
I have a one year old.
I get skin problems too! First Trimester and post baby to some degree.
The best thing that I found was prescription.
Topical stuff safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding.
2% Erythromyacin solution and a cream called Finevin (sp?) made from Azealic acid.
They made a big difference for me, but the doc said they work for some and not others, I guess it isn't very strong.
Best of luck.
Has anyone tried microdermabrasion to help get rid of scars or marks from acne?
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2004 at 2:06pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think my skin is bad enough to need an Rx solution. It's not acne, just more pimples than I'd like to have. I have around three or four at a time and they're ugly.

Mine aren't really scarring, either, but they take much longer to fade afterwards than they did when I was young (I'm 37). Decreasing elasticity and all that...
[/url]

dr.cole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr.cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 12:08pm

The wonderful news of pregnancy begins smile to your face. To be mothers, remember, from that very moment your skin responds to the gradual changes occurring inside your body. These transformations take place due to the various changes in hormone secretion. Pregnancy might results in the excess secretion of androgen. Thus pregnant women tend to develop oily skin.

Keep in mind

The skin problem that you are to confront during the crucial nine months must not be treated with the usual acne medicines. Consult a dermatologist who can prescribe you the ways to take care of your skin.

Things to be done in case of oily skin

Pregnant mother should ensure that the cosmetics that they chose to use must not contain vitamin a preparations. At the same time, they must make it a point of avoiding antibiotics at large. It has been noticed that both kinds of medicines cause birth related problems. Use moisturizers and cleansers whose labels specifically indicate that they are noncomedogenic. Do not use chemical exfoliants. These may contains certain acidic ingredients that may bring complications, especially in your first trimester. Avoid using moisturizing soaps; instead use gentle non drying cleansers. Apply sun block creams and natural masks to keep the skin pores clean and open.

Things to be done in case of dry skin

Women who complain of having dry skin may have to face more problems during their pregnancy. Dry skin gets aggravated during pregnancy because your body fluids and water present in your blood are in high demand. Your growing child needs them for nourishment. Your only weapon is water. Therefore drink ample of water. You can use moisturizers and sun block creams to revitalize your skin. Do not bathe with too much of water. Take short showers with lukewarm water. You must also keep your rooms humidified.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic