Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vitamins and hair growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitamins and hair growth
    Posted: March 07 2004 at 5:53am
No, I am not pregnant. But I have found pre natal vitamins at Wal mart and was wondering if they will do anything for hair growth. My daughters (both who have been pregant and One who is again) told me about them and I was wondering? I need a multivitamin anyway and one that will make your hair grow will add that much to the value. The question is "Will it hurt me since I am not pregnant"? Thanks for any advice! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2004 at 6:07am
Debbie,

I don't think it can possibly hurt you, no.

But quite honestly, I think it's pregnancy hormones that make pregnant womens' hair grow (apparently) quicker, not the vitamins. Although the vitamins can't possibly hurt.

The main difference between prenatals and regular multi vitamins are higher levels of folate and Iron. I'm not sure what, if any, link exists between those and hair growth.

You could always get pregnant though
[/url]

LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2004 at 11:33am
Debbie...I would have to agree with Elissa!!!! I do think it is VERY important that an individual take a multi vitamin daily. In my personal experience with "Special" hair vitamins and such...my hair still grew at the same rate each month. As for my hair growth, pregnancy, and pre natal vitamins...My hair grew extremely fast! I agree again that it is most definantly hormonal.
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 1:26pm
well im taking prenatal pills right now, it was part of my new year's resolution. i understand what the others are saying about it being hormonal,but i have read other ppls experience without being pregnant and they said it does work. professional cheerleading teams also use them like the dallas cowboys or rockets cheerleaders for sure. but im hoping it will make a difference for my hair. other than hair growth, ive also heard that they make your skin clearer,softer, and slightly enhance your chest. i dunno bout that last one but i sure could use it!!!!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 3:16pm
That, along with the one about crushing birth control pills and putting them in your shampoo to make your hair grow faster, are both untrue. Pregnancy hair growth is hormonal, and after women give birth then is the opposite; they start to loose alot of hair. So don't waste your time and money. It is not true.

But what do you say taqqi? Did you actually end up getting the longer locks and bigger boobs? We would all like an update.
morrishamlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morrishamlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 9:08am
Vitamins for hair growth works well when chosen correctly. There are certain vitamins that improve hair growth, so it helps to know what vitamins are. There are many paths to take when trying to revive the growth of your hair, but none of them are as good as vitamins.
rustyrhodes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyrhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 12:55pm
Your body needs a complete source of essential vitamins to nourish and strengthen hair properly. An estimated 8 out of 10 people do not get enough essential vitamins from your daily diet. His hair is suffering. When your body is receiving a limited amount of essential vitamins that denies non-essential, ie systems., Hair growth, access to limited supply.
georgedepp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgedepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 8:19am
There are certain vitamins that improve hair growth, it helps to know what vitamins are. There are many paths to take when you try to restore growth of your hair, the vitamins are important for nurses completed the hair and make them stronger.
chrisrusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisrusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 2:52pm
Vitamins are best for hair growth. They can give more strength to your hair. You can get vitamins from many vegetables and fruits.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic