Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Fall out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Fall out
    Posted: May 19 2004 at 12:08am
I had a baby girl in December and found out today I was pregnant again. I was shocked at the amount of hair I lost after my last pregnancy. is there anyway I can stop this from happening? Does anybody know why it happens?
Lilly
mother of Emmah a beautiful baby girl born 12/29/03 Soon to be Mother of twin baby girls due 10/31/04
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2004 at 2:17am
Congrats on your baby and your pregnancy!

When I had my first baby I noticed some hair fallout too. My hair seemed to get thinner.

I just had my second child a while ago and I didn't notice any fallout. But I have much shorter hair this time, I am presently wearing a buzzcut. Maybe if your hair is longer it falls out more. I'm not sure about that. I do know that if you lose your hair it usually grows back.
It's a small price to pay to have a beautiful little baby, isn't it.
Lilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2004 at 4:37pm
Thanks for the help. I went shorter this time about to my chin and it doesn't look as dull or as thin anymore. Maybe it is the vitamins I have to take. I wish I could take them all the time.
Lilly
mother of Emmah a beautiful baby girl born 12/29/03 Soon to be Mother of twin baby girls due 10/31/04
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 10:54am
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter and of your new news!

I have noticed no changes in my hair. But every pregnancy is different, even for the same person. So hopefully you won't experience the hair loss this time. I recommend very gentle shampoos in any case--avoid sodium or ammonium lauryl sulfates. The Laureth sulfates are ok though.

Be well

Elissa
due with first daughter, 6/30/04
[/url]

meg77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meg77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 2:52pm
Do not worry, the hair loss will not cause you to go bald!  It is a natural process.  During pregnancy you may notice you hair to get thicker and more abundant, that is because of hormonal changes in your body.  Your body is holding on to every nutrient to support the growing baby and thus the hair you would normally lose stays.  Few months after delivery, you will lose that hair.  It may look like  alot but it's just the hair you should have shedded months ago. 
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 1:45pm

I couldn't have said it better Meg!

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 4:41pm
 Meg77 is right...it is completely natural. I never noticed much falling out,but my sister called me hysterical one day and said about 300 hairs fell out all at once. Of course she never had any bald spots and to me it didnt even seem thinner~but I guess seeing it all come out can be kinda scary.
I did notice how lush and full my hair was during pregnancy,but it also became darker and more oily after! Werid,I guess the hormone changes did it.
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 8:15am
Shocked

Edited by Sakeenah - October 26 2006 at 7:37pm
JerCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 1:10pm
The fallout is due to the fact that during pregnancy your hormones and body are programmed on a "grow" cycle.  After you give birth, usually around the 3 month mark or so (sooner if you bottle-feed), you will see the hormones levels decrease into a "shed" cycle.

Some women notice a huge amount of hair while others don't seem to notice but a few extras hairs.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic