Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beauty stuff: getting ready for baby!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beauty stuff: getting ready for baby!
    Posted: June 18 2004 at 8:04am
So my due date is right around the corner (6/30) and I'm expecting my daughter any day now. In preparation:

1) I had any remaining acrylic bonding removed from my nails and began wearing light sheer pink w/gloss on top only. Mostly I did this because I don't think I'll have time to go for fills anymore (nor funds--I'm going to be a stay-at-home mom).

At first they looked pretty good (were long!) But moving to our new house destroyed that, so now they're short. They chip and constantly have to be redone too!

2) I colored my hair, probably for the last time before the baby comes. My sides are just about completely WHITE now, which I hate. I'm still doing roots-only with Redken Color Fusion, a gorgeous salon color that my colorist friend buys for me wholesale at beauty supply. I need to do roots every three or four weeks, and will probably keep using Natural Instincts just to hold me over until I have time to do the whole permanent shebang again. It's such a mess!

3)I'm trying to get my "head" ready for the big FAT/CARB reduction routine to resume. I've only gained around 40 lbs, which I don't think is so bad. But I will need to get back on the wagon PRONTO after the baby comes.

I have loved being pregnant, but can't wait to get back to looking and feeling like the pre-pregnancy me.
[/url]

miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2004 at 2:53am
Best wishes Elissa.

I had my second child in April. It is an experience.
You take care.
Let us know lady when you have your kid.
Good luck!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2004 at 6:54am
Thank you Miss Brenda! It shouldn't be long now! 9 days 'til our EDD!
[/url]

Lilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2004 at 10:31pm
Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl? Do you have names picked out yet.

Best wishes for smooth and easy delivery.
Lilly
mother of Emmah a beautiful baby girl born 12/29/03 Soon to be Mother of twin baby girls due 10/31/04
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic