Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Are Your All Time Fav Fragrances?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Are Your All Time Fav Fragrances?
    Posted: June 09 2003 at 2:27am

Hi all,

Well as I said on another thread, I first was hooked on Shalimar because of the next door neighbor who always smelled so good.

From Shalimar I graduated to Opium. Such a complete switch. Then I dabbled with various Musk fragrances when Musk was so popular. My mom kept giving me Estee Lauder products and for awhile to use them up I used Youth Dew although I never really liked that on me personally.

I also kept getting White Shoulders as gifts which I had mixed emotions about. I liked Heaven Scent. Do you all remember that one? I dabbled in Vanilla scents for a while and had something like Vanilla Fields that was yummy.

Then I discovered Alfred Sung several years ago. I still wear that from time to time and I still get compliments. Too bizarre. It seems to really evoke a reaction w/ my natural chemicals.

I also currently wear Realm which is loaded with pheronomes (supposedly) and Dior (yummy).

I also like some of the Elizabeth Taylor fragrances although they do seem a little heavy.

Believe it or not, I still have an unopened bottle of Opium in my closet from about 5 years ago.

Please share your list of fav scents.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 6:49am
Exalting by Guerlain & (original) Poison by Christian Dior

Those smells contain huge memories for me. They are my signature scents when I am not perfumed with essential oils.
Uzi

papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 11:15am
Estee Lauder pleasures, Estee Lauder pleasures intense, and Ralph Lauren Romance are my favorite "classic" fragrances. For something hip, I like Clinique Happy and Ralph Lauren Ralph.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 4:31pm
The first time I caught a wave of Amarige de Givenchy on a magazine card I was completely hooked. I also like J'adore by Givenchy.
alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 7:56pm
I love Angel by Thiery Mugler and also like Indecense by Givenchy. Love the Vanilla, Sandalwood, Chocolate scents!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 11:04pm
The only fragrance that gets my husbands gears spinning is 'Wild jasmine' from Avon. I was wearing it when he met me 21 years ago. Unfortunatly they do not make it anymore. Occasionally they carry it on a retro campaign but that is about every 3 years. I have found it on e-bay a few times.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 2:28am
I just love Romance by Ralph Lauren and Jill Sanders' Sun is pretty good too!
alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 7:26am
Lili, It must be a man thing. My husband LOVES Imary by Avon. It's what I used to wear when we met and he said I always smelled "powdery" LOL...whatever that means.

I tried wearing it again a couple of years ago but couldnt' stand the smell. It smells like old closet to me now!
I also do Love Romance by RL. Very classy.
Cora View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 7:42am
Lili & Alp,

Don't you think that perfumes and scents trigger memories and that is why men just love certain ones? I used to adore Old Spice because one of my first boyfriends wore it and I still love the aroma although many people think I am nuts. :-o But it does bring back fond memories.

Lili, does your hubby like any other Jasmine based perfumes? Have you tested any on him? That would be interesting to see.

Cora
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 8:55am
I mostly wear Estee lauder Pleasures, it's not too heavy, my husband loves it-everybody loves it...my son says I smell fresh, the kids in his class used to say how good I always smelled.

I love Channel #5, my mom wore that. Memories.

Red & Georgio are good too, but haven't worn them in a long time, since I discovered Pleasures. Romance and Glamorous I borrow from my daughter once in awhile.

Speaking of Avon, when my husband and I met 27 years ago, my fragrance was Sweet Honesty. I used to get compliments from strangers on that one. Remember Tempo, Charisma, Field Flowers, Sonnet? Loves baby Soft? He didn't like that one.
alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 11:47am
Yes Cora, have to agree. I also forgot the Charlie Blue, My hubby loves that one.
LOL...so many memories.
My gosh Bluebees, I completely forgot about Sweet Honesty. Perfume and deodorant combo.

For me particularly, POISON and Paloma Picasso bring me memories from the 80's when I was in my teens aaaaaaaaaaaahhh
I've tried them again in the past...but too strong for me now.

I also forgot to mention Pleasures, love it. It's so fresh. I have a little one I keep in my purse and days like today that ran out of the house without spraying myself, got my little bottle handy.

Has anyone tried those sweet lotions? I've been tempted to buy the Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Lotion but haven't yet. I love
the sweet fragrances.
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 10:13pm
Love's Baby Soft!! I used to wear that all the time...loved that baby powder scent. Is it still available? When i was younger i remember that Sunflowers was a big hit. Wasn't that Estee Lauder?

I too love Pleasures Intense...smells just like honeysuckle, i always get asked what scent i'm wearing when i have it on!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 6:07am
Hi Whitney,

Oh wow...Love's Baby Soft. I just love that. I haven't seen that in awhile though so I am not sure it if it still around. Did you know that scientific evidence shows that the aroma of Honeysuckle is an appetite suppresant and triggers relaxed and happy thoughts in the human brain?

Scents are so fascinating. I just love them.

Thanks for all the great scent memories all. I am ready to do some serious perfume shopping. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 7:55am
Love's Baby Soft is still around, Karen! And it's exactly as I rememeber it in high school. Definitely a classic.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 10:41pm
Love's Baby Soft will never die. I had a nearly-full bottle for a LONG time. I think my mom finally threw it away. I bet that smelled good!

I like White Shoulders, but it's too old lady for me wear. I sample it when I pass it at the dept. store though. It reminds me of my Grandma, but I dunno why, cuz she wears Estee Lauder Beautiful.

I really don't wear perfume anymore. Until I found this Coconut Lime at Bath & Body Works last weekend!!! I am hooked on that. HOOKED! Addicted.

I used to wear Crabtree & Evelyn Vanilla, but it went sour after a year or less. Grrr. My ex-boyfriend loved it. He thought I smelled that way naturally! The first time he saw it on my dresser, he was so crestfallen. No one ever accused him of being bright.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 3:24pm
LOL You are too funny Grover! I gotta agree about the White Shoulders, it reminds me of my Mother-in-Law, that's probably why. That's all she ever wears.

I haven't heard of the Crabtree & Evelyn Vanilla, is that the brand name? Where do you buy it? It sounds like something I would like. I love vanilla...
Adrienne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrienne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 12:30pm
I LOOOOVE Victoria Secret love spell I looove it, my sister got me some for Christmas!!!!
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 11:22am
Ralph Lauren Romance, and Miracle by Lancome.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 12:47am

My favorite is Sung by Alfred Sung.  I also love Opium.

Has anyone tried or been using the Jessica Simpson Dessert products?  What do you think of the fragrances?  I am have been thinking about trying them but have not really heard anything one way or the other.

If you are using the line, can you give a quick recap of what is best/worst of the products so I know where to start.

Edited by DanielleDupre
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 9:06pm
I thought they all smelt like something a 13 year old girl would wear. I wasn't a fan. There is some at Walgreens, I'm not sure if its the same stuff at Sephoa, or a lower end version. You may like it though.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic