Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Doesn't it suck when other people get promoted and not you?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Doesn't it suck when other people get promoted and not you?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doesn't it suck when other people get promoted and not you?
    Posted: September 08 2003 at 9:24pm
Grrrr. Doesn't it suck when other people get promoted and you don't? I just found out the gal that is on my old job just got promoted. I was in the job for a year, and now she has been in the job for a year. I kinda got canned in favor of her because she is buddy buddy with my old boss. They were friends before the job started, though they did meet at work. She had temped and interned before.

I don't really wish I was still there. I was getting sick of their projects. They're very monotonous. But I'm still jealous!

I just felt like venting. Respond if you wish, or don't.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2003 at 2:18pm
You know, promotions are all about who you know and who your buddies are. Have you ever noticed that? The years that I worked the hardest and put out 110% were the years that I got the lowest evaluations and the lowest raises. Does that make sense? Seems like the less they see of me the more they like me.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2003 at 3:57pm
SG, don't be jealous. Promotions are really just a reflection of your superiors' opinions of you, not a true reflection of your abilities or work ethic. But I think you know that.

In any event, you're happier in your new position now, right?!?!? (Love live hairless Kermit!)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2003 at 6:21pm
I love being self employed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic