Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Temporary Straighteners?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susanna Q View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susanna Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Temporary Straighteners?
    Posted: February 02 2003 at 7:54pm
OK. I have tried KMS Flat out (average) and I have tried Mine Smooth Sailing (pretty good) and Phytodefrisant (very good product) and I have tried some local salon offerings. Can we get a list going of the best temporary straighteners? I want to get Yuko done but it costs wayyyyyy too much for my budget so I am still stuck with the temporary gig.

Anyway, my list is KMS Flat out & Mine Smooth Sailing & Phytodefrisant.

What can you all add to the list? It would be great to have a whole list of every product out there.

Joel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2003 at 7:23pm
Suzanna, if you find a straightening product that works for you....please let me know. I've tried some brand name straightening products and they were all disappointing to say the least.
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2003 at 2:44pm
Citre Shine Straightening Gel rocks. No frizzies, and it makes your hair soft afterwards.

But it makes my hair smell like vasaline, so I have to prefume it.
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
gingersexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingersexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 7:32pm
the very best product I have ever used was Redken One2 One Smooth anti- frizz. Unfortunately wouldn''''t you know it...they discontinued that line...so now I settle for Matrix Smooth...which works okay..but nothing compares to that little magic green bottle. It smelled like elmers Glue..it looked like Elmers glue...but it made curly frizzy hair so straight and shiny...and I lived in Okinawa Japan..I think one of the most humid places on earth!!!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 10:01pm
Suprise suprise!!!!

Redken actually repackaged and renamed the old 1-to-1 anti-frizz smooth. It is now................drum roll please.................................Redken Outshine!!!!!

I too LOVE this product!!!!! I have curly hair and my hair looooves it!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 11:46am
i like scruples straightening balm. it smells so good plus it not sticky, at least for me. my hairdresser has something to do with tgi. i'm not sure how you would say it. in her shop they use a lot of tgi products but i didn't like the tgi one. it made my hair sticky. i always tell her not the tgi but the scruples when she does my hair. [she would tease me saying you know i'm suppose to use tgi.] give scruples a try
Chick View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 10:40am
Mine Smooth Sailing. It is identical to the old Edwin Paul Smoothing that was sold at HairBoutique.com before Edwin Paul discontinued the line. It smells wonderful (peachy) and it really works with just a tiny dab. My hair gets super straight with a blow dryer. Sometimes I mix it with Defrisant which kills the frizzies as well.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 1:15pm
I just bought the Matrix smooth and it smells great and works Awesome on my frizz. I live in Florida - the second most humid place!

jacqui
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 12:42pm
Here's my list:

Phytodefrisant mixed with Phyto 9
Matrix Sleek.Look Extreme Cream
Biosilk Silk Therapy mixed with Crede ER conditioner
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic