Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trick for straightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Suzanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trick for straightening
    Posted: April 19 2003 at 1:22am
I recently had Thermal reconditioning, which I really regret. My hair is way too straight (looks like it's stuck to my head). And although it looks shiny, it's fried!

However before I had this done after washing my hair I would blowdry it with a huge round brush (never use a brush with wire bristle -always nylon), I used a small amount of Flat out by KMS and a small amount of Brilliance by rusk (makes hair ultra shiny and soft). After the hair is dry wrap it all around your head one direction and secure it with a cutout of a panty hose leave it for 15 minutes then do it again wraping the hair around over to the other direction, and leave that for 15 minutes or so.

Because the panty hose hugs your hair agaisn't your head so tight your hair gets very very straight. I works really good. I hope that makes sense...

It's time consuming but well worth it, especially because it will stay straight well into the next few days if you don't get it wet.

The pantyhose should be cut out from the top portion of the let, tie a knott to one of the open ends there should be enough space to fit your entire head into it.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2003 at 5:27am
Thanks for the tip ! I am going to try that one today.

jacqui
Katriannal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katriannal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2003 at 9:39am
the name for this is a Toga jus thought u shud know!
meh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2003 at 11:57am
so u dont shower

lol
laurelll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurelll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2003 at 4:03pm
Suzanna -

You're hair shouldn't be fried after a good TR. Mine isn't. It is drier than it was pre-TR, but now that I use the right products, it's healthier than ever. If your hair was overprocessed, you should get your money back from the salon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic