Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rebonding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jazzgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rebonding
    Posted: April 27 2003 at 4:58am
has anybody heard of hair rebonding? i think they also call it straight perm. is this like hair stretching?

is it gentle on hair? i have a very sensitive scalp that when i switch shampoos and stuff, i get lots of falling hairs.
"We have both lost ourselves, but sometimes we reveal the most when we are least like ourselves."
-Anais Nin
WendyLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WendyLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 11:39am
I am a stylist and have never heard about robonding. Do you maybe mean retexturizing or reconditioning? If it a straightening system that you are wanting to know about, then it would probably be TR or Thermal Reconditioning. These systems have been in the US for only about 5 years. They originated in Japan.
What it does is after the hair is processed it is flat ironed in small sections which can take for 2 to 4 hours. This is a very intense and costly procedure so be sure if you want something like this done you research and make sure your stylist has been properly trained.
Wendy
"Instant gratification takes too long." Amy Fisher
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2003 at 2:00am
rebonding
heard that word for a while in malaysia
although i am not a stylist. but true it is a hair relaxing system that is VERY EXPENSIVE but WORKS. thinking about getting it if i got the money, but here in malaysia its cheap, becoz its been here for a while
ARGHH
jazzgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 12:18am
There was this girl at work with soft, super straight, shiny, fabulous hair. it was so nice that when she moves, her hair looks like black satin. she told me she had her hair rebonding done in singapore. you are right, it is expensive. her shoulder lenght hair cost her around 150USD. I have elbow length hair and i'm afraid how much mine would cost but if the result will be as good as hers, it will be worth it.

i have yet to see if salons here in vegas offer this kind of hair treatment. how long does it last? how about maintenance?
"We have both lost ourselves, but sometimes we reveal the most when we are least like ourselves."
-Anais Nin
mantaray View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mantaray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2003 at 12:58am
hi claribuzz, you said it's cheap in malaysia and i live in malaysia. how cheap is cheap? is rm 300 cheap? have you got it done? where did you do it? i'm looking for a place to reduce my friziness. i don't like stick-straight hair. all the places i've checked out are offering these services for a really expensive price (300rm). to me, that's wayy unaffordable.
eunid1028 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eunid1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2004 at 4:25pm
Hello i'm from Johnstown Pennsylvania i'm originally from Phillipines Yes i heard about the rebonding last year when i was there but didn't have enough time to do it can you tell me when can i do here or what salon can i go i was hoping they know what i'm talking about (REBONDING)i am desperatemy hair is curly wavy poophy please help me..........
THank you
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2004 at 9:47am
I have only been to like 3 salons in Malaysia, but most of them seem to provide this rebonding service. You would know it is a rebonding service by simply asking them or ask them how it is done. I dont know any other hair straightning system that takes at LEAST 4 hours to complete. Prices for the rebonding treatment in Malaysia differs because of the type of chemicals that they used, the location of the salon, and the experienced of the stylist. You can go form anywhere from RM 150 to 1000 for shoulder length hair.
Like any other process this rebonding treatment was supposed to last until your hair grows back. But most people say that this is the best treatment because they used lots of protein treatment on the hair and they used heat from the flat iron to straigten the hair. So its like a 2 in 1 hair straightning treatment, by chemical and physical force
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic