Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PhytoSpecific Index 1 and Hair Color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ChicagoSarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChicagoSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PhytoSpecific Index 1 and Hair Color
    Posted: May 08 2003 at 12:07pm
I have long wavy hair that NEVER looks good during the Chicago spring and summer months! Too much humidity and the air conditioning...

I am interested in trying this product out, but I'm concerned about the effect on my hair color. I am dark brunette with subtle highlights. I literally just had this hair color done a week ago and I love it.

Will using this product change my hair color?

Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 9:54am
I think you have to wait for at least 2 weeks before the second treatment. I amnot a 100% sure though.
Two weeks ago I had my hair relaxed at home using PhytoSpecific Index 12. I can tell you about the relxer but not colouring as I never colour my hair.
I hope someone can help you with some more info.
This might answer your question.
http://www.phyto.com/phyto_products_specific3.htm
SmurfytTy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmurfytTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 10:36am
Orc,

I am going to use the Index-2 today. Can you tell me about how your hair came out?
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 11:50am
Hi SmurfytTy,
This is my third use of PhytoSpecific Index 2 on my natural curly/wavy hair.
A professional hairdresser did the first time but it wasn’t that straight and did not last for more than 5-6 weeks before the effect was going.
My partner did the second time at home. It came out a lot better than the first time but again it was only 6 weeks and the effect of the relaxer was starting to loose it.
I have to mention that my hair was always super shiny and soft after using PhytoSpecific.
The third time was 2 weeks ago.
This time I left the solution in my hair 15 minutes longer than it suggested.
I got burnt a bit but it was a matter of 3 days before it was gone.
My hair now so straight and the best so far, so shiny and soft. I don’t even wash it everyday. It even looks better the next day.
I know I was not supposed to leave the solution in my hair for longer than suggested in the instruction but I was ready to cut it all off if hadn’t worked. I am a guy so it would not have been a problem to cut it all off. you have gotta be careful.
Oh, I only use quarter of the product and that is enough for my short hair.
It is important to use the right products to maintain it.
Please let me know how you go and how you find the product.
Good luck and be careful.

ChicagoSarah, there is a post on CurlyHair message board about Phytospecific relaxer and colouring. Please read it.
Try this link
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP627221160&id=100
Blijf luisteren naar je lichaam en haar!
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 11:51am
Blijf luisteren naar je lichaam en haar!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic