Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will straightening my hair kill my curls???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tigresselily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigresselily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will straightening my hair kill my curls???
    Posted: May 11 2003 at 7:37pm
I was wondering if anyone knows whether you lose your curls when you temporarily straighten your hair (blowdryer/straightener). I''ve got waist-length wavy hair, and I was looking to try something a little different. However, I won''t straighten if it''ll make me lose my curls...
Thanks!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 11:06pm
Just with heat tools? No, it will pop right back in after you wet the hair.

The only way to lose them permenatly would be through a chemical straightning.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 10:04am
Like Lillibeach, if you want straight hair I suggest using styling tools (like extra large rollers) instead of a chemical straightener. I can not tell you how many disasters have come through my door looking for help after a bad straightener experience. Some of the worst hair I have ever seen!! (And, I might add, perms are not far behind.) These are powerful chemicals and should never be taken lightly and always used cautiously by an experienced professional.

Blow dry it straight or use large rollers, either way, when you want them back, your curls will still be there. Good luck!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic