Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - had my hair THERMAL RECONDITIONED-- now, i need VOLUME!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

had my hair THERMAL RECONDITIONED-- now, i need VOLUME!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Widgrl101 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widgrl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: had my hair THERMAL RECONDITIONED-- now, i need VOLUME!!
    Posted: May 26 2003 at 7:51pm
I had my hair thermally reconditioned (permanetly strightened) using the Liscio System. My hair now lies WAYY TOOOO flat on my head!!! i need volume in my hair!! does anyone know of any products that can help me to add alot of volume in my hair? ThankS a buNch! Any input is greatly appreciated!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2003 at 9:16pm
Try Paul Mitchells extra body body boost. It should do the trick. Be careful of just any volume spray. They are generally made to take away moisture from the hair. After your thermal straightning, thats the last thing you need to do to your hair.

Good Luck
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
SSassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 6:31pm
I had my hair thermal reconditioned using the liscio line about 9 months ago. I had the same problem. I found that after about 2 weeks, I could style my hair using a body-boosting mousse and blow-dring upside down, and finishing off using a round-brush for shape. I think it's just hard for anyone who's biggest delima was to get their hair straight and smooth, to know having to figure out how to get volume into it.

I actually felt my hair was in great shape with the Liscio, since it sealed the cuticle (and my regular stylest who didn't do the thermal reconditioning agreed). So know you're in the same boat as people born with stick straight hair (just what we always thought we wanted )
SSassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 6:31pm
I had my hair thermal reconditioned using the liscio line about 9 months ago. I had the same problem. I found that after about 2 weeks, I could style my hair using a body-boosting mousse and blow-dring upside down, and finishing off using a round-brush for shape. I think it's just hard for anyone who's biggest delima was to get their hair straight and smooth, to know having to figure out how to get volume into it.

I actually felt my hair was in great shape with the Liscio, since it sealed the cuticle (and my regular stylest who didn't do the thermal reconditioning agreed). So know you're in the same boat as people born with stick straight hair (just what we always thought we wanted )
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic