Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ARTec Texturesmooth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarrieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARTec Texturesmooth
    Posted: June 30 2003 at 9:05am
I am going to have my hair straightened on Wednesday with the ARTec Texturesmooth solution. However, I want to be sure that my hair is in proper condition before I actually go through with it. The last time my hair was colored was a few months ago, and the last time I used any bleach on it (Clairol Frost 'n Tip highlights) was about four or five months ago. My hair is in pretty good condition at this point, but I do use a blow-dryer and straightening iron daily. Any ideas on a super-good conditioning treatment I can use the night before so that my hair is in top shape?
Thanks for any advice!!
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 2:02pm
I wish I could recommend a super-good conditioning treatment! Why donot you ask your stylist?
On this link you can maybe find your answer
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip184.htm
I have used ARTec Texturesmooth solution at home and at a salon and it was wonderful with NO damage or burn.
Please let us all know how you like it.
Good luck.
Blijf luisteren naar je lichaam en haar!
CarrieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 3:24pm
Thanks for the link orc, I should have looked on the site to begin with. I'm glad to hear it worked so well for you; I read similar accounts in other posts on the boards. I hope this treatment is a little better than Rusk AntiCurl, which didn't give me great results and was a bit harsh; it made my scalp/hairline burn a little. I will post after I get the process done, and hopefully I will be another satisfied customer!
CarrieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 8:48am
I had the ARTEC Texturesmooth done last night, and the results are amazing- much better than with Rusk's AntiCurl. My hair is so straight, I now will face the task of trying to get more volume instead of smoothing and straightening. That's fine by me though! It wasn't terribly expensive-$65 (plus tip), and the results are definitely worth it. The chemicals did not sting my scalp one bit, and my hair does not have a chemical-y smell now either, which is good since I can't wash it till tomorrow. The only drawback is that my hair is a little drier, particularly where there is still bleach/dye, and could use a trim now, but that's it. I would recommend this product to anyone.
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 11:53am
Hello CarrieM,
I am really happy for you and happy that you liked ARTec Texturesmooth.
I just have a few questions and I hope you donot mind me asking
I am going to use it at home so I would like to know some facts.
I have used ARTec Texturesmooth strength #1 but this time I am gonna use strength #2.
Here are the questions:
Which strength did you use?
How long did your stylist leave the solution on for?
Did you use any conditioners or leave-in treatments before it was relaxed?
Thanks for sharing
I cannot wait to have my done
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 2:44pm
Orc,

I absolutely love your new icon. Too cool.

Thanks for all the ongoing info on the relaxers. I had a HB.com visitor email me recently about a disaster they had with ISO Straight that was actually applied at the salon. It only lasted two weeks and her hair started reverting to its natural waves. It seemed to not really work at all. Very unfortunate. Anyone else have reports of experiences with ISO Straight?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 3:37am
Thanks Karen. Yeah, I too love my new icon it is very me, mind you I look better
My knowledge about straighters/relaxers brands is very limited.
However, last year in March I had my hair relaxed at a top salon and I had paid an arm and a leg and two week later my hair started reverting to its natural waves, exactly like what you describe in your post. Went back to the salon and I was told that my hair is too healthy to take chemicals LOL
Of curse I demanded the full refund.
Mind you, my hair was in a bl**dy good condition
Can I send you an e-mail regarding Phytospecific products?
Orc
CarrieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 9:57am
Orc,

My stylist used strength 1 on my hair, and left the solution on for around 30 minutes. She combed through my hair the entire time in different directions, not to enhance the straightening but to avoid my hair processing with a part.
I did not do anything different with my hair prior to straightening. To prep my hair, the stylist washed with Graham Webb shampoo and conditioner. I'm not sure which kind, but I know she used Stick Straight conditioner after the process.

Good luck!
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 10:31am
Wow, another thread about texturesmooth relaxer. It's good to know other people have tried it and liked it. It's a very good product in my opinion. Which leads me to my question for karen.

Karen, you may have been asked this before, but why don't you sell texturesmooth in your market?

Recently I've been doing a lot of research on relaxers. Surprisingly I came up with a essay written by non other than Karen herself on the world of relaxers and thermal reconditioning. It can be found here:
http://www.beautywalk.com/beauty/january03/Chemical_Hair_Straightening_Faqs.htm

Anyway, it gives very good information about the types of relaxers and how to apply and all that stuff. So I learned that the strogest relaxers are those based on sodium hydroxide. However, those are the most damaging. Still, I think because I'm a guy I have an advantage to try it. If the results are bad, I can always cut it off. :)
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 11:41am
IcyFire,
I have sent you a BMail.
CarrieM, thanks for the info and the update.
Cheers
Orc
Seta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 2:41pm
It sounds like most are saying that artec textureline Texturesmooth is better then Rusk Anti-Curl which I have had and I agree that it seems strong and the results are not that great or long lasting.

The only other one I have tried is Paul Brown Calm or something, which seems less harsh with about equal results maybe better. How do anyone elses experience with texturesmooth compare to Paul brown? Is texturesmooth better?

Also, what about phytospecific relaxer?
Seta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 2:54pm
sorry to post again, but I registered now so I will get an email when ppl respond isntead of having to check back.

Just to be more clear, I'm looking for personal review/experience between Rusk Anti-Curl, Paul Brown Calm, ARTec texturesmooth and Phytospecific relaxer for highlighted shorter to medium length mens hair..

I have read that ARTec and Phyto products are some of the best with Paul Brown a close 3rd so maybe those are the best relaxers too? Its a shame because most salons just have the Rusk if that.

Is it worth the money you save getting doing it at home? Probably not as good results because I can never get my coarse wavy hair straight with just blow dryer like some can do in the salon and require a flat iron.

If you can find the product in a supply store or online cheaper can you bring it to a salon to have done so they dont charge you so much?
Viny View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 9:29am
I have a question about my hair. I have long black hair. I use a straightening iron once a week. I was thinking of getting my hair relaxed. I wanted to ask which of the below is less damage to hair.
1. Using a straightening Iron 1 a week.
2. Get my hair relaxed from a salon.

I want to know which is better among the 2. Also what shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner do you suggest for straightening Iron or Relaxers. Also I have never treated my hair chemically before.
Thanks a lot for your time and help
Viny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic