Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how do you prevent frizzies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do you prevent frizzies?
    Posted: July 15 2003 at 1:06pm
Hello everyone, I''ve been browsing this board today and it seems like a great resource! I have naturally curly/wavy hair that I let dry overnight and then straighten with a flat iron (and finish with redken hair glass). It usually works fine, but in humid places and hot days my hair looks awful. Do you think it would help if I applied some kind of product? Maybe something that would seal out moisture? I currently don''t use any other than a little gloss. Thanks so much!
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 2:35pm
You might want to try the 'Sleek Look' system from Matrix. I don't use the shampoos or conditioners, I'm hooked on Redken Extreme and All Soft..anyhoo... they (Matrix) have Sleek Look - Lite Styling Creme...it helps seal the cuticle and block out humidity.

Good Luck!!
Mylissa
MEMEE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEMEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 2:55pm
I use sleek look shampoo, conditioner and styling cream. I like the shampoo and conditioner but the styling cream is a bit heavy for my hair, might work great in yours. You may just try the shampoo and conditioner and that might be enough. HTH
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 3:25pm
You can use products containing film formers such as the polyquaterniums (4, 11, 18, etc) or acrylates or PVP. These do repel moisture somewhat by coating the hair shaft with a plastic polymer-type film (yummy, huh!) A lightweight silicone spray will also help calm the frizzies if you use it as a finishing touch on dry hair. However there are some days when the humidity is too high to do virtually anything with your hair, and if your hair is anything like mine, you might want to forgo the entire straightening regimen for that period.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Brianne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 12:17pm
I have very frizzy hair also, and the best product i found is called 'Flat Out' and is made by KMS. It works very well and after trying numerous products and formulas to combat frizzy hair i found that this works the best.:)
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 7:39pm
Baby oil works well for frizz. Just use a dime-sized amount and lightly rub your hands over your hair. Just be careful not to use too much because then it can make your hair look greasy.
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic