Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair breakage after TR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elizabeth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizabeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair breakage after TR
    Posted: July 20 2003 at 5:11pm
Hi I got thermal reconditioning done to my hair last August. It's been great and all but several months after the treatment I noticed breakage of my hair at the dent where my new hair was growing and the old hair is. It happens mostly on the top hairs. I want to get it done again soon but am afraid of it happening again. How can I prevent that from happening? What do I do? Why is this happening??

Thanks
xoliz623 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoliz623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2003 at 1:58pm
im getting thermal reconditioning done on Tues andi was wondering how ur hair looks..After you wash it does it naturally dry pin straight or do you still need to blow it out & iron it? Also did u have to buy any special shampoos & conditioners to care for it?
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2003 at 11:11pm
Well, you might want to tell your stylist about this, and ask her/him what you can do to prevent the breakage after the procedure. I'm no stylist, but I read that you need to use a nice moisturizing/hydrating shampoo and conditioner. Also, you might want to use a leave-in conditioner aswell.

Also, it is recommended that you have deep conditioning treatment or a hot oil treatment done in a few days after the TR procedure to prevent further breakage. I could be wrong, but just ask your stylist.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
laurelll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurelll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2003 at 4:00pm
That breakage is caused by the straightening solution getting too close to the scalp. When that happens and your new hair starts to grow in, it's not growing in the same direction as the straightened hair and causes a stress point which can lead to breakage. An experienced TR stylist wouldn't let that happen. Are you going back to the same place for your next TR? If so, be VERY careful and ask lots of questions. BTW, a re-touch should not go over hair that's already been straightened.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic