Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need straight hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jarnah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarnah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need straight hair
    Posted: September 23 2003 at 2:44pm
I hope someone can help me... My wife has tight curly hair. It is all natural, most people get a perm to look like her, but she is tired of the curl. She would do anything to have long straight hair. She has tried some of the products, but nothing would strighten it for a period of time.
Does anyone have a sugestion for a product or process out there? I know there are a lot of products that claim to work but after the check is cashed the do not.
I am trying to find a solution for her stright hair dream. Any help...in MIchigan...?
Thank you
a husband needing help..
the bektionary View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the bektionary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2003 at 3:25pm
yessir

thermal reconditioning

go to:
www.thermalreconditioning.com

im getting it done next saturday. i can't wait.

but make sure you do lots and lots of research before you make an appointment... it can be a miracle if you go to the right stylist, but if you go to someone who's inexperienced, it can be a disaster. you can't go wrong with vincent j's salon in ft. lauderdale, florida. thats where im going. ive also heard good things about jay sung at hidy hair in NYC.
Paisleygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paisleygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2003 at 12:01pm
Aren't you a sweet hubbie!! :)

Here's a website that I really like. It'll tell you all about hair and TR's (thermal reconditioning - chemical hair straightening).

TR website

Just so you know, TR is not for everybody. Like the prior poster, please do LOTS of research before getting a TR. There are lots of systems out there, some better than others (I've heard the most positive reports about Liscio). The main thing is to get a very experienced and reputable stylist to perform the TR - do NOT go to just anyone or someone who hasn't been doing TR's for very long. You have to take into consideration other things, such as what condition the hair is in, whether it's been relaxed recently, how much coloring has it had, is the hair already damaged, etc.

Good luck to y'all!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic