Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Ceramic Flat Iron?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xonatalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xonatalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Ceramic Flat Iron?
    Posted: November 30 2003 at 7:58pm
I have curly hair that I straighten (stick straight) everyday.

Right now I use a Hot Tools (non-ceramic) flat iron. The overall result is fine but I''m planning on asking for a better (ideally faster & less damaging) one for xmas. And ceramic is best, right? I just need help finding a good flat iron, hopefully under/around $60-ish (??) Thank you so much!

- Natalie
Tracey Hall View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracey Hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2003 at 4:58am
xonatalie-
I,too, was using a hot tools flatiron, and I was happy only because I had not tried anything else. My mother-in-law let me try her Chi ceramic flatiron-WOW...It is the best. I cannot tell you how many people have commented on how good my hair has been looking. Sure, it is more than the $60.00 range, but it is DEFINATELY well worth it. I have been searching online for one for myself, and you can find them on many sights for approx. $108 incl. shipping! Take my advice and go with the Chi!
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2003 at 3:26pm
Before buying, I suggest you guys go to a reputable beauty supply store in your area and ask what they would recommend. I researched mine. I was told that although Chi is good, there are a lot out there that is as good but cheaper. Hai2 is one of them. I am currently using HairArt and so is my mom. I bought hers for $69.99 and mine was $99.99. Don't take my word though, try to ask around. A lot of good beauty supply store will have them for demonstration. They will let you try them on your hair.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/224757/oct2003.jpg
kaaaaate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaaaaate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2004 at 6:34pm
I bought a "hai stik" ceramic iron on ebay, its the best thing i've ever used 10 minutes - 15 minutes for perfect hair. about 100 bucks with shipping.
wannabgorgeous14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabgorgeous14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 5:47pm
I need help with that also... literally NOTHING straightens my hair stick straight- even the chi. it still goes under @ the ends. I really would rather not pay like a gazillion dollars 4 mine b/c i know my mom would be like, "thats rediculous, and besides, u dont want straight hair, I've got straight hair and i hate it!" She always says that cuz i have thick curlyish hair and she has what i want!! Can any1 help me?
I love everyone!!! Ya... even U!!!
hehe ;)
XxLaur1285xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxLaur1285xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 9:09pm
This reply might be a bit too late, but I use the True Ceramic Pro flat iron. It's 119.00, but totally worth every penny. I could never get my ALREADY straight hair stick straight, but I can now. I love it.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 9:40pm
I'm debating between getting the HAI convertible and the Sedu.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Seta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 4:33pm
so Hot tools ceramic ones with the purple plates aren't good?
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 9:00pm
I use the hot tools ceramic (purple plates) and a lot of people say it's not that good that's why i want sedu which is the best.
ceoceo13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceoceo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 12:15pm
the chi ones seem to work well for me....
ceoceo13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceoceo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 12:15pm
the chi ones seem to work well for me....
cinderella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinderella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 3:00pm
ya i use the chi and my hair is like amazing!!! i love it! it makes my hair really straight! If u really want straight hair and none of these straighteners work, u should try a TR process on ur hair... i got the CHI and i love it!!! but if not i would totally reccomend the CHI straightener, and ya they r expensive, but u get what u pay for and this is 100% worth it!
Crazy Hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 4:09pm
I'm looking to buy an "outstanding" ceramic flat iron. So which is the best: Sedu, Chi or the True Ceramic Pro?
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 11:26am
Sedu according to the kind ladies at makeupalley.com they have tried the chi and the sedu and unanimously agree that sedu is the best.
liyapot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liyapot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 1:50am
has anyone tried remington's wet to dry hair iron??? is it any good?

http://www.remington-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=REM%2BS%2D8000&.
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 10:30pm
maxius maxiglide ceramic iron is better then CHI. www.maxiusbeauty.com
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 10:15pm
Is that your hair, adina? It's gorgeous.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic