Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straightening Irons -Final Recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SSassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightening Irons -Final Recommendations
    Posted: January 06 2004 at 11:15am
I need to get a new straightening iron, and am having a hard time finding information other than from the manufacturer. I'd love to not have to spend a fortune, but I'd rather spend the money on the initial investment than have to/want to buy something else in 6-months to a year because of the old saying "you get what you pay for"

Definately I'm gettting a ceramic iron, but does anyone have information as to whether a less expensive cermamic iron is any less effective than the expensive ones? ie, What makes the Solano Saphire Iron better than the rest?

The one I'm really interested in (if I can find the right feedback) is the Krembs wet/dry iron. It doesn't sound like it should work, but the idea of being able to skip blowdrying (and the added damage from it) is so appealling.

If I was going to make the investment to get the best straightener (ie. works on straightening and is the least damaging to hair), what would you recommend?

kaaaaate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaaaaate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2004 at 6:31pm
I bought a "Hai Stik" from ebay for around 100 bucks with shipping. It''''s the best thing I''''ve ever bought. I went from Shirley Temple to perfect.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic