Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I have Thick/wavy hair, want thin, straight hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have Thick/wavy hair, want thin, straight hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SSassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have Thick/wavy hair, want thin, straight hair
    Posted: June 03 2004 at 5:19pm
I have to tell you, getting my hair TRed (thermally reconditioned and also known as Japanese Hair Straightening) was the best thing I ever did.

The first time my hair was skinny straight hair..honestly, it was almost too limp since I had always had the big course hair. I didn't have bad hair days anymore, but I also had no really great hair days since it was always the same.

The 2nd time (15 months after the first time) I asked if there was a way to still have some body. They left the solution on for about 2/3 the time. I have straight hair with a little more body. I actually prefer to do a little styling (flip up the ends, etc), so this worked better for me.

It is expensive, but worth it when you think about the time savings, product, good straightening irons, etc. I went to a stylist who uses Liscio, which does a great job protecting your hair.
pallfy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pallfy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 5:25pm
I have the same problem,

I read somewhere about two products

Mine Smooth Sailing
Edwin Paul - Smoothing Lotion

I havent tried them out so i cant tell you wether they work or not.

Im THinking of ordering Mine Smooth Sailing from hairboutique to try it out.

Has anyone ever tried these products?
wanna_straight View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanna_straight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 4:01pm
If someone would just reply to this message. I have the same problem. I have to blow-dry my hair every time i wash it, cause I would'nt dream of leaving the house with it 'au naturel'.
I guess thick hair will always remain thick, no matter what. I have never achieved the texture I want with my hair, it's never straight enough, even when I go to hairdressers. and believe me, I've been around.
No products seem to do the trick, and I have wasted too much money.
beka View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 11:07am
I totally hear you both...I have the same kind of hair and it drives me crazy, I have to straighten it every time i wash it!! I think I am going to get it chemically straightened soon but I'm not sure yet...I'm also looking for some products that will help my hair....someone please respond!!
RoXyGal123456789 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoXyGal123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 10:56am
OMG! I totally hear you. I wish someone would respond to your message, so me and you can have a solution!

SOMONE PLEASE RESPOND
BurtonBoarderX28 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurtonBoarderX28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2004 at 9:29pm
My hair is very thick and wavy. Sometimes it is frizzy, especcially when it is humid. I've been using silk therapy products and deep conditioners to make it feel soft, and I've noticed an improvement, but not as much as I'd like. Anyways, my hair is layered, but I'm trying to grow it out and make it unlayered. I want it to be thin, straight, flat and have very little to no volume. I want it to fall down straight. Right now my hair is thick and wavy, and the layers are all weird looking. I'm getting slight trims until the layers are gone, but it isn't really helping. I need some way to make my hair thin, straight, but soft and silky at the same time. Any help? I'll try to get a picture up later.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic