Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

aSK mIZZ p FOR PROBS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
mizz_perfect442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aSK mIZZ p FOR PROBS
    Posted: August 03 2004 at 8:23pm
GOT PROBS ASK ME
OR WANT ADVICE STILL ASK ME
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 1:41pm
hey sweetie

Do you have an effective but natural solution for controlling frizz? One of my chick friends has shoulder-length, straight, coarse Asian hair. Frizz is a real problem for her. She doesn't want to use product... she wants a natural, chemical-free solution to the problem. Any suggestions?

Anais Satin
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 5:40am
well one way is if it fizzes get a strighten. Or only one thing which wont do damange to her skin. Its called frizz ease
it works on me u use after the shower. On the bottom part of ur hair.
from
Mizz P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 12:28pm
No... I mean a natural solution to the problem. No product or damaging heat tools please. Thanks in advance
deeganluvr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deeganluvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 3:18pm
Hi,

I dont know how this works, but can you give me any tips on how to make my "straight" Asian hair, look more smooth and less like I never brush it? I use all the "smoothing" products, but nothing seems to work! Help! Thank you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 3:40pm
wat shampoo and conditioner do u use

from
Mizz P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 4:12pm
I'm soooo sorry to hijack your thread MissP....

Hi Deeganluvr,

I am Asian with mid-back length hair that also frizzes like crazy if I don't control it. I have several solutions for frizz that work for myself and many Asians. My philosophy is healthy, natural hair WITHOUT the use of chemicals or damaging heat styling... just the correct shampoo and conditioner choices and some natural or commonsense home treatments. Long and healthy hair. I'm growing mine out to around mid-thighish.

And I know I can help you out. Please email your questions to me at blueangelflame@yahoo.com . I look forward to discussing our hair issues.

-Anais Satin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 3:23am
i am ok than u anias

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 1:21pm
Hi Mizz P

Again, I sincerely apologize for hijacking your thread. After a hundred-and-something posts, this is only the first time I have ever felt the need to do so. I feel a sense of duty towards my fellow Asian ladies and I really hope you are not offended, MizzP. I look forward to seeing you around on the boards and I hope we continue to get along in the future.

Best wishes,
Anais

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 2:28pm
wateva
wannabgorgeous14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabgorgeous14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2004 at 6:21pm
Id luv ur advice mizz P... help me!!!

My hair will not stay straight 4 more than 1 hr or sooo, do u have any products that'll help??

Id also like advice on getting back-from-the-beach waves, know any helpful tips on achieving that?

And how do i work w/ my natural curl?

Thank u so0o0o much ttyl
I love everyone!!! Ya... even U!!!
hehe ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabgorgeous14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 9:23am
mizz p?
hehe ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 11:30am
Honey, MizzP hasn't been around for awhile. I don't know much about commercial hair products--just natural. but I'm willing to help you work with your natural curl.

actually... I think I already posted to a query of yours called "MAJOR HAIR DILEMMA!!".. How are your curls doing?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabgorgeous14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 5:19pm
not workin thats 4 sure, and thats y im askin the same question on like every freaking thread! but nobody answers, ya know? im so0o sick of my hair, i wanna do somethin new wit it instead of the same thing everyday.
hehe ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2004 at 12:35pm
That's why I always blow the horns for LOOOONG HAIR! because there's always something different a gal can do with long hair, especially if it's curly and beautiful. Don't change those curls! And don't flat iron them either!

Hugs,
Anais
banks0022 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banks0022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2004 at 8:36pm
wht kind of shampoo and conditioner do u use anais?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 12:31am
Hi Banks

I do a multistep-- here is the complete routine in order:

(1) prewash oiling with coconut oil
(2) Kirkland Marine Algae Shampoo from Costco (or Paul Mitchell Awapuhi is just as nice, has hair safe gentle ingredients such as Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
(3) diluted apple cider vinegar rinse (weekly). It's about 1/2 cup diluted in a 20oz soda bottle of water.
(4) Suave Professionals BioBasics conditioner (contains silicones)

Sometimes I substitute the prewash oiling with a discontinued conditioner called Pure-A-Teas (contains no silicones). It's found at Dollar Tree stores if you're lucky.. I bought every last bottle over here and I love using it for CWC (condition-wash-condition). Gives great slip for detangling. I haven't had to use a comb since wash day (just fingers)

Curly hair has very similar needs as Asian hair, so I think you'd do well with a similar routine as mine. The key is moisture, moisture, moisture.

HTH
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
banks0022 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banks0022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 3:43pm
(1) prewash oiling with coconut oil ...what is that supposed to mean??

and also do u know of any like drugstore brands that are pretty decent because im tryin to grow my hair out and i just want simply a shampoo and conditioner...k thX again!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 11:08pm
Prewash oiling: using 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to work into your hair the way you would do with a leave in conditioner. Except you'd wash it out with your regular shampoo and finish off with your regular conditioner. Be sure to shampoo very well. Coconut oil can be bought from a health food store or even Walmart. (Just ask ;D )

I think Tresemme has a shampoo that has sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) (make sure it's laureth and not lauryl). The bottom line is the main ingredient SLES (almost always listed second on the ingredient list; water is always first) The cleanser SLES is gentlest on hair and longhairs including myself swear by this or something equally gentle.

Suave Naturals has some great conditioners if your hair doesn't like silicones. Suave Professionals conditioners work well too if you have medium to coarse hair.

What's your hair type?

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
banks0022 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banks0022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 6:41pm
umm i have pretty fine hair BUT i have LOTSSSS of it...im tryin to grow my hair out super long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic