Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anticurl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ryan88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anticurl
    Posted: August 28 2004 at 11:13pm
Hi i just used the rusk anti curl 1, it looked straight when it was on and wet, i am a male so my hair isnt that long its about 2-3 inches long. But with in 2 hours it turned wavy. And its not very very curly hair, but it wavy. what can i do because i wanted straight hair for school and school starts on tuesday. I dont know if i could use anything else, i dont want my hair falling out!! haha please help
Ryan
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 1:56am
Does the wavy hair cause any other problems besides the fact that you don't like how it looks? Because frankly, wavy hair is quite sexy. Love your waves.

Anais
ryan88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 9:58am
well it looks lke sh*t i had the same hair style since 3rd grade and its not that wavy its curly feels like cotton.
Ryan
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 1:12pm
It sounds like even though the relaxer didn't do a very good job of straightening your hair, it left some damage.

You need to wait a week or so before you give your hair any more chemical treatments. Do some deep conditioning to see if you can restore some of the moisture to your hair that the relaxer burned out. Get some jojoba and work a drop or two into the hair every day.

Do a strand test before your next experiment. Now that your hair's been damaged, it's hard to predict what additional treatments will produce.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
ryan88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 3:30pm
no im talking about my normal hair that looks like sh*t, the relaxer my curls are just sprinking out one by one i went to sallys and got some straighting gel and hair spray.
Ryan
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 3:56pm
Some wavy hair is just plain stubborn, if you know what I mean... I'm sorry you don't like how it looks and I realize the grass is greener on the other side.

Hope the straightening gel and hair spray helped you out a little. I agree with eKatherine that you deep condition well, especially because massive amounts of hair products do dry out hair.

Good luck

Anais
jessicar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 8:07pm
I used the same product awhile ago and I had great results on my long curly hair, but it faded quidkly. Since school starts so soon for you, you really can't put any other chemicals on it in time because you will have even worse looking hair. I suggest since it is so short you buy or borrow a straightening iron and practice with it before your first day. You can get good results even on short hair and once it is regrown try a different straightening method.
ryan88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 9:34pm
i got told i cant use a iron because i would have to put it to close to my scalp. And plus i like it the wet look
Ryan
LaCerca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaCerca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2004 at 1:40am
Oh yeah, irons are dangerous! Especially close to the scalp.

Once I was doing my afro for a costume party, and I happen to just touch past the cool rubber tip...and it hurt like a mother!

Try a longer hairstyle, you'll have more luck (and less scars) in straightening those waves. It seems to be the thing to grow out hair now, not that I am encouraging you to follow the crowd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic