Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should i reapply??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Countryloving View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countryloving Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should i reapply??
    Posted: August 31 2004 at 3:27am
It's been 7 months since i straightened my hair. I have been using a ceramic straightening iron on my hair almost every day. I haven't died my hair in about 3 months. But my hair maybe from the summer heat has become really frizzy. I use Frizezz on my hair after i shampoo which does help alot. But my hair doesn't seem to be responding to the straightening iron like it used to. Also my hair has a lot of breakage. I have had to cut off over 4 inches of hair since i straightened it in Febuary. It looks really bad now and i would love it to be straight again but i'm afraid it'll damage my hair and i'll have to cut more off. My hair is very corse and porris as well which doesn't help. Any suggestions?
Countryloving View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countryloving Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2004 at 3:30am
ok thought i should mention i never blow dry my hair or use any styling products on my hair. Hope that helps a little..lol
frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2004 at 8:22am
I would definately not put any chemicals in your hair in a poor condition. FYI~ you said you use Frizz-Ease after shampooing. Frizz-Ease does work well for many but with all of the 'cones in the product, it can cause major buildup on your hair and cause it to be extremely uncooperative.

You should try a clarifying shampoo to remove the buildup and be sure to switch to a very gentle shampoo like Dove to moisturize your hair. Deep condition weekly. I like Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Treatment as a conditioner for my dry hair and use it as a deep treatment on the weekends. Apply after your shower on wet hair, pile hair on your head and wrap with Saran Wrap. Place a damp towel in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, until warm and wrap your head with this, too. Leave for 15-45 minutes, rinse with warm water and finish with a blast of cold water to seal the cuticle.

Side note: A lot of people with frizz problems use a tiny bit of jojoba oil or coconut oil on the ends to eliminate frizz. Maybe try this instead of the frizz-ease serum. good luck!
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic