Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

True Ceramic Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Krystle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 10:23pm
Hey Puddles ... just wondering how everything is going? Is your hair improving at all since the cut?

I have an update. I have noticed that from the daily use of the TCP that my hair is breaking more than usual--I always had breakage (from the blow dryer I guess plus the damage from dying and highlighting my hair) but it seems more so now. However, my hair does not look fried or anything like that ... I know I'm foolish for using the TCP every single day but like I have said in earlier posts ... I just cannot go back to the way my hair looks without it. My sister uses a flat iron by another brand and it does not give her the same results as when I do her hair with the TCP ... I have noticed that her hair has a lot of breakage as well so I don't blame the TCP for mine ... I guess no matter what the product is heat is still heat and damage is caused.

I'll keep you updated as to any other products I buy to help reduce the heat damage on my hair.

Hope everything is well ... :)
Cammie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 10:03pm
Miss Jill and All,

Thanks for the reply!!! I am up for a trim soon and thanks for reminding me!!

I don''t need to use the iron every day and I am curious why some need to. All I have to fix in the morning is the front section that gets wet when I wash my face. I use the blow dryer for this. Once the iron goes over the hair it doesn''t get frizzy even if I wet it somewhat.

I am so glad I found this product. My hair looks like I had it done in the salon and I feel so confident and beautiful. If it rains I don''t care!! I am in NY and it snows here all the time now. I haven''t had a bad hair day since. Hope all are having a great experience also.

Cammie

hair matters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair matters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 7:06pm
I have been away for awhile, just curious does anyone know how things worked for 'Saras Mom' Helene?? 
hair matters
mjmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 10:22pm
Has anyone used the TCP that has short fine hair?
wind_dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wind_dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 12:04pm

Hi all,

I order the TCP because i too saw the informercial and also from reading the posts here. So far it works good...had it for a week. The only problem is the first time i used it, some of the red stuff on one of the plates came off....i thought this thing was supposed to be 100% ceramic? I see reflective stuff under the parts that came off...like metal and if you look closely at the plates...they just look like iron that has been sprayed with this red stuff, cause the plates look cut and looks like metal. Also, in gift certificate....i go to the website to see what they have to offer and i keep getting the true ceramic pro ad. There's no section where they offer other things to use this certificate on. In the pamphlet they included it says if you have questions, comments or concerns to go to advancedbeautysolutions.com again, it's just the TCP website and there is no place that says to contact us by email or comments. I do like the product but, i don't think i'm going to keep it, i still don't think it's 100% ceramic.

Thanks,

Wind Dancer

ginalee305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginalee305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 8:04am
I live in Miami and I bought the true ceramic pro 2 months ago. Nothing has ever made my hair look so good. Even in the Miami humidity, which is pretty bad. But yesterday, I noticed that the the red light wasn't flashing to let me know that it was at the desired temperature. I thought maybe the light was just malfunctioning. So I used it anyway. Well, I only got as far as the first strand when I noticed it burned the color off my hair (I dye my hair black). When I noticed this, I combed my hair and it fell right off. Thank God it was only 1 little section of my hair. It looked like it just kept getting hotter and hotter because the red plates turned like a maroon color or a brick red and it smelled like it was burning. As I am righting this, the true ceramic pro is going right back where it came from. I bought a CHI from JC Penny for $120.00 yesterday and it works pretty good. I also ordered a solia from folica.com. I'll let you know if that one is any good.

Edited by ginalee305
ginalee305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginalee305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 2:29pm
I received my solia today and it is the same if not better than the true ceramic pro and it was only $85.00.
I ordered the 1" because it is the same size as the tcp. And it got here really fast. I ordered it and it was here in 4 days and I didn't have to pay for shipping. In my opinion, this iron is better than the true ceramic pro. Folica.com is a great website.
plaajaas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plaajaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 2:12am
I have a question for those who have the TCP.  I ordered one and just got it a few days ago.  I already have chips in the supposed "true ceramic" plates.  I see metal underneath.  This is totally frustrating as it works great for me, but I can't support a product where they lied to me.  That is just wrong.  I am sending it back and am going to try a Solia. 

Anyone else have this happening to theirs?  I was thinking maybe the demand was so high they started making some fakes thinking it would pass for real and it isn't working?  Everyone seems to love theirs here and other boards seem to have the same problem I am having. 

I was torn between keeping it and sending back because I have never had straight hair in my life and I am loving it.  I even went and cut it shorter because it looks better straight and one length than with the layers I had and I am soo happy.  I just am so mad that they made fun of other ceramic irons saying how it was just metal with ceramic on it and that is just what theirs appears to be.  Even my Revlon ceramic curling iron hasn't ever chipped or peeled.

Anyone have this problem?  I am hoping that the Solia works the same as it looks really similar and I got the 1" since my TCP measured about and inch across.  I will keep ya posted on the Solia and my experience with customer service and the return of the TCP.
curls4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curls4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 9:25am

I ordered the TCP about 1 month ago and received it yesterday.  After 15 minutes of use I noticed very small red paint flakes all over the vanity.  The paint was gone off of the iron where my hair was passing through it.  It was bare silver metal exposed.  Truely Fake Ceramic Pro.  I can't figure why the company would sell something fake for $140 when it would be more profitable for them to put the ceramic plates in the item and actually not have a high return rate.  Expect long wait time when calling for the Return Authorization Number.  Sounds like if you don't get it mailed back to them promptly, the 30-day trial will pass and you'll get billed on your credit card anyway. 

I have naturally curly thick hair to my waist.  Never had straight smooth hair before, and have never been able to run my fingers through my hair.  After using this iron, it did do as shown on t.v.  The frizz going in to the iron came out smooth and soft.  Quite an experience.  So, I don't feel I'm out anything if they don't charge my credit card for the remaining balance.  For $14.95 shipping, I am allowed to keep all the extra items - which seem to be of good quality.

It's just a shame they advertise that it is a TRUE CERAMIC, and not to be fooled by the imitations that have paint over metal.  I'm disappointed in myself for falling for an infomercial. 

curls4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curls4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 9:27pm
I ended up ordering a 1.5" Sedu from folica.com.  It came today and has real ceramic plates.  It does not have as high of temp setting that the TCP does, but it doesn't seem to need it.  Very nice product for basically the same cost.  After seeing the Sedu, the TCP is a total fraud.  Totally metal under the red paint.
redhed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 8:49pm
I have had the TCP for about three weeks, but after the first or second use, the red paint started to come off of mine also.  I immediately called the company and they are sending a replacement (not received yet).  At first the results were okay but now my ends look a bit frizzy (keeping first until I receive replacement). My stylist used a Rusk ceramic flat iron on my hair and the results were silky and shiny.  They are about the same in cost and are only sold in salons.  I think that when I get this replacement, they are both getting sent back and I am going to buy the Rusk iron.
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 2:58pm
TCP does work great in straightening and smoothing out your hair.  I have extremely thick long hair and this product does work wonders.  Yes, it is true about the red paint coming off.  However, I do not recommend this product due to my esperience.  One day I turned on the TCP, but it was not turning on and the red blinking light was not there.  I was very upset because it was not working.  I then turned it off, walked away for a while, came back, and turned it on and it worked.  This happened two more times, but the third time it was oof for good.  I was angry because it finally broke down on me on the day I really wanted it to work.  Therefore, I went to a Sally Beauty store and got Jilbere de Paris Ceramic Straightener for only $37 on sale.  This straightener works just as good as TCP if not better.   Remeber I havee extremely long thick hair.  Then I called customer service and I could not get my money back, I could only get a new one in place of the broken TCP.  This stinks, because I will have a $119 TCP that I do not need, because the Jilbere works better.  So overall, DO NOT BUY TCP WHEN YOU CAN GET THE SAME RESULTS FOR A LOT LESS.

Edited by Melrose
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 11:36am

Funny how this post contains all newbies and unregistered guests....I don't think I'll listen to a word anyone has said....

Sounds like advertisement of some kind.

*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 12:01pm
Hey you once was a newbie, I've just registered.  I  also remembered this site when I was making  a decision on whether to buy TCP.  And  I bought the product and  had a bad expericence with it and just wanted to share it with everyone .  Also wanted to tell everyone I  bought a  great iron for an outstanding price.  Everyone is looking for a great straight iron for the best price  and I found one; wish I it found before TCP.  Trying to save money for everyone.  What would you pick for the same results, an iron for $37 or one over $119. 

P.S. If I sound like an advertisment, THANKS, because I'm going into advertising.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 5:54pm

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being a newbie....Its just odd how they all seem to be on this one post....almost as if someone was registering....just to talk up about the product.

And there are alot of unregistered guests as well ....which makes me skeptical.

Edited by AmberJune
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 6:41pm
I know how you can be skeptical.  I thought the same thing when I was reading these posts (when deciding on buying an iron).  How does this site rank you?  Is it on how many posts you put in? You have about 308 while I have only 5. 
Tainted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tainted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 11:30am

I used to think that the True Ceramic Pro was the BEST straightener.  I read posts on here with horror stories about the plates melting and hair burning off, etc, etc, etc.  I felt soooooo bad for those people and thanked my lucky stars that I did not get a "defective" one.

Well ... I figured out why my TCP seemed to be "perfect" ... I had never put the heat setting above 270 degrees.  I usually straighten my hair with no more than 200 degrees but the other day my mom asked me to straighten her hair.  Since her hair is very course I used the highest heat setting it could go on and SURPRISE -- it started to melt.  The plates turned beat red ... the glue started to seep out from the sides of the plates and it actually burned a piece of my moms hair (that I had to cut off -- thank god it was the end of a short layer so it wasn't noticable when i cut it).

So, mystery solved ... the TCP works great on the low settings ... but, turn it up and it starts to melt.  My TCP no longer works on anything other than 200 degrees ... if i turn it up to 270 it starts to get really hot and I have to turn it off.  What a waste of money ... for that price ... 130.00 when everything is said and done ... it should have NO defects.

Save your money and invest in one of the other hot irons people rave about on here.

I hope this helps someone.

"What does 'friend' mean to you? A word so wrongfully abused." -Layne Staley (AiC)
plaajaas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plaajaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by plaajaas plaajaas wrote:

I have a question for those who have the TCP.  I ordered one and just got it a few days ago.  I already have chips in the supposed "true ceramic" plates.  I see metal underneath.  This is totally frustrating as it works great for me, but I can't support a product where they lied to me.  That is just wrong.  I am sending it back and am going to try a Solia. 

Anyone else have this happening to theirs?  I was thinking maybe the demand was so high they started making some fakes thinking it would pass for real and it isn't working?  Everyone seems to love theirs here and other boards seem to have the same problem I am having. 

I was torn between keeping it and sending back because I have never had straight hair in my life and I am loving it.  I even went and cut it shorter because it looks better straight and one length than with the layers I had and I am soo happy.  I just am so mad that they made fun of other ceramic irons saying how it was just metal with ceramic on it and that is just what theirs appears to be.  Even my Revlon ceramic curling iron hasn't ever chipped or peeled.

Anyone have this problem?  I am hoping that the Solia works the same as it looks really similar and I got the 1" since my TCP measured about and inch across.  I will keep ya posted on the Solia and my experience with customer service and the return of the TCP.

well, i returned it with no problems.  just wrote a note explaining why i was returning it and was never charged except for the shipping. 

after i had mailed it back, i got a notice in the mail saying that they had had some problems with one of the companies making them or something and that some weren't really ceramic.  that i just needed to send it back and i would get a replacement.  it was too late for that.

i did end up getting the Solia and love it.  been using it ever since with no problems.  it looks almost exactly like the TCP and except the plates are blue and don't peel.  LOL.  i really love it and would recommend it to anyone who liked the TCP, but didn't like the fraud and peeling plates.

Tainted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tainted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 9:30pm

Originally posted by plaajaas plaajaas wrote:

well, i returned it with no problems.  just wrote a note explaining why i was returning it and was never charged except for the shipping. 

after i had mailed it back, i got a notice in the mail saying that they had had some problems with one of the companies making them or something and that some weren't really ceramic.  that i just needed to send it back and i would get a replacement.  it was too late for that.

plaajaas,

Wow ... you mean to tell me that I spent 130.00 on this thing and it may not even be ceramic?  How do I find out?  I've had this thing for about 1 year now ... but if it's not ceramic then I should be able to send it back for a refund ... the stupid thing already melted and burned my mom's hair ... now the temperature setting is defective ... What do you think plaajaas?  Thanks!

"What does 'friend' mean to you? A word so wrongfully abused." -Layne Staley (AiC)
plaajaas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plaajaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 11:08pm
well, with mine it was obvious that it wasn't as the red paint chipped off immediately.  i think some may actually be ceramic, but not sure.  i sent mine back in the 30 day period to return.  good luck to you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic