Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

True Ceramic Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Endlessnite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endlessnite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: True Ceramic Pro
    Posted: November 28 2004 at 7:00pm
Hello. Has anyone seen the infomercials for the True Ceramic Pro straightener? Of course, it looks too good to be true. I rarely trust anything advertised in an infomercial. They do not let you know how much it will actually cost, only that you can try it for free plus S&H. I do like ceramic straighteners much more than others; I have the Jilbere. I am just wondering if anyone has tried this & has any opinions of why it may be better than others. Thanks!

Peace,
endlessnite
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 9:20pm
Exactly why is it supposed to be so much better? Do they say?
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Endlessnite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endlessnite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2004 at 5:22am
I believe they say it is better because the plates are 100% ceramic. The others are supposedly only ceramic coated. Who knows? The Jilbere does work so much better than any other straightening iron that I've tried. I have no idea if the plates are only coated though. (or if it matters..)
BR,
Endlessnight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2004 at 7:42am
Ah, I see. Yes, I've heard that claim about a very few other irons that claim to be 100% ceramic. The problem is finding someone who actually has one, as most people are just getting around to using a flatiron that has 'ceramic' plates.

Prolly a dumb question, but have you Googled it? A lot of the time in googling a flat iron I came across reviews by accident...
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
MARIBELLE View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARIBELLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2004 at 8:39pm
I JUST HAPPEN TO STUMBLE UPON THIS SITE, AND I READ WHAT YOU WROTE. IRONICALLY I ORDERED THE TRUE CERAMIC PRO 3 MONTHS AGO AND FINALLY IT ARRIVED JUST TWO DAYS AGO. IT WORKS. I HAVE LONG HAIR AND THIS IRON STRAIGHTEN MY HAIR IN LESS THAN HALF HOUR. IT REALLY WORKS! IT DOES! AND IM SO HAPPY. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY ONE WHO WANTS THEIR HAIR TAMED AND STRAIGHT ALL THE TIME. DID I MENTION IT WORKS! I TOO WAS SKEPTICAL BUT IM GLAD I DECIDED TO ORDER IT.
IT'S WORTH THE MONEY!
jenfavre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenfavre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2004 at 12:15pm
i suffered through a bout of insomnia about a month back and saw the true ceramic pro informercial. i have very long, thick, dry, course, frizzy hair. my stylist said it's just the "nature of the beast" and never would i have the soft, smooth, silky hair i desired. not true!!

i bought the true ceramic pro basically because they allowed me to evaluate it for 30 days only paying the cost of shipping. i didn't figure it would work, but at least for my $15.99 i'd get to keep the hairbrush and styling clips. boy was i wrong. this thing is a godsend. i typically shower and then i blow dry my hair (something i would have never done before the true ceramic pro). it then takes me about half an hour to straighten my hair and it makes a world of difference. it's not only straight but SLEEK! no more fly-aways. definitely worth every penny. i live in dry southern california so i can't comment on the humidity factor. but i'd love to see how my hair holds up in humid conditions.

one thing i have noticed is if i try to curl my hair like on the infomercial, it doesn't last as long as they claim. i have extremely thick hair so i thought it would hold a curl, but after a few hours the curl is more like a wave. not really a bad thing, but if you've got fine hair and want to use it as a curling device, it might not work that well. but if you've got thick, course hair like i do, i highly recommend giving it a try. i've easily spent 2-3 times as much as the iron cost on styling products that simply don't work. this is the end of the line for me!
jenfavre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenfavre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2004 at 12:18pm
oh yeah i believe the cost of the straightener is $119.97. with shipping the total for me came out to $136.
hibah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hibah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 9:46am
Use hairart (google search). same item, only $65. Works Awesome.
KC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 7:49pm
yes, i've actually never have seen the infomercials, but it was absolutely amazing. I have very curly hair that gets frizzy easily, and really did straighten my hair (and left it REALLY soft). I would recommend it for ANYONE because if i can get through my hair, it can work on anyone.
Victoria717 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria717 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 4:16pm
ok i have really really long curly hair and i saw the infomercials about ceramic pro. i was really phsyched and planned on buying it when i realised that it said free for 30 days and wanted to know the real price if u wanted to keep it. I looked on google and found that it was 150! way to much! so should i buy this hairart one instead is it 65 dollars canadian and do u need a credit card?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 8:27am
I would assume for any site online you would need a credit card, or at least Paypal.
WantStraightHair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WantStraightHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 2:38pm
The Hairart one, I saw several irons when I did a search and none were 65 dolalrs. Which one is it? Also if anyone got those spray things with the iron, did they work?
amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 4:28pm
amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 4:39pm
hey all, I bought the True Ceramic Pro and I totally love it... I have not tried any other ceramic irons so I can't compare them, however I think that it probably works better than most. I'm half black, so I have really curly and coarse hair. I have never been able to do my own hair, and even when I go to get it done, it doesn't turn out nearly as good as with this iron... first of all, I don't even have to blow dry it first, and it makes my hair really soft and super straight. The BEST part of it however is that humidity doesn't affect it at all... of course you can't stand in the rain, but no amount of moisture in the air will change it. I don't know how the price compares, but I think the total came to $140 ish.... pricey, but it costs at least $40 every time I went to the salon. Anyway... LOVE this iron.
Victoria717 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria717 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 7:29pm
I know that the true ceramic pro is probably my best choice and i want it but im not willing to spend 140 dollars does anyone have any other straighteners they would reccomend?
jenfavre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenfavre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2004 at 10:36am
i have 3 straighteners in my cabinet that probably cost me $100 combined over the years. not to mention the hundreds of dollars i've spent on shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, anti-frizz serums, creams, gels and foams. nothing has worked on defrizzing and straightening my thick, very dry, very course hair as well as the true ceramic pro. it's pricey but for me it's worth every penny since i know i'll never need another one of those other products again.

as for the sprays that come with it, i went on a trip recently and did not pack the sprays. i noticed a difference in the way my hair looked and felt. the straightener still worked well, but i like the look and feel of my hair better if i include the heat and shine spray. i think the shine spray truly adds a nice finish at the end. plus i like the smell :)
Tanya361 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanya361 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2004 at 11:00pm
I just bought the True Ceramic Pro on Tuesday of last week. I really appreciate the testimonials from people on this site because I was really skeptical about buying it. Hopefully I get it soon, and when I do, I''ll let ya''ll know how it works.

Believe me, if it can clean up the nappy mess on my head, it''ll work for ANYONE.
Naomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2004 at 4:07pm
I just ordered the true ceramic pro last tuesday as well. I'm glad that i got alot of feedbacks from those who have tried the true ceramic pro. I have thick and wavy hair and i have tried every flat iron products. those flat irons have kept me hours trying to staighten my hair and the worst part is that my hair would get frizzed up again in acouple of hours. i cant wait to get it. By the way how long does it take for shipping?
lau View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2004 at 4:17pm
wannnnna try it
Al View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 6:30am
i don't know if it actually works or not but i was intrigued by it. the only thing is i didn't know the price but i called them and the actual cost after the 30 day trial is 160 USD plus taxes so the total is 175 USD plus taxes kind of prices. just today i found out you can by the same product at the mall in a store called "as seen on tv" or something like that for about half the price.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic