Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Tools Ceramic flat iron

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Tools Ceramic flat iron
    Posted: December 06 2004 at 4:52pm
I bought one of these in May when I was on vacation and lost the instructions when I was travelling. Anyways I was wondering if anyone that owns one could tell me what is the highest temperature that it goes too. Like is the highest setting 400 degrees or something?
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 10:27am
Anyone? Also is it okay to use white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar? We don't have any apple cider and I tried white vinegar and I have hardly any dandruff flakes. I usually have so much by the next day.
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 1:54pm
Hi Layla,

I looked up Hot Tools products on Folica.com and wasn't able to find a description that includes the temperature range. I'm sorry.

As for the vinegar, I suspect that apple cider vinegar may have less of an unpleasant aroma than white, but compositionally there's likely little difference. Do what works for your scalp. :)
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
MIss jiLL View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIss jiLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 3:38pm
Hot tools is NOT a very good brand of flat iron. It may say ceramic but they only paint a thin ceramic coating over metal plates. i would go with a 100% pure ceramic flat iron. They heat up to about 400 degrees, even higher for different brands.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 4:49pm
Yeah, I realize this now but I have to save my money before I can get another one. I'm saving for a Sedu.
MiSs JiLL View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiSs JiLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 4:19pm
Yeah, i hear the sedu flat iron is really good! You should also look into the CHI which works really good too! But i think either one is fine!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic