Posted: November 08 2004 at 7:54pm
Which way should I brush the sides
1 luv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 8:49pm
i would perfer brushing your sides down
best waves in town
TheEdotKid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 9:25pm
Ye...It's that Nigga Edotholla. Many people remeber me from the odl days when this forum wasn't so crazy with trafiic. I have decidied to register to the forum cause i think it could use a little help for an O.g with natural Waves.

.:HOW TO GET WAVES STATRED:.CHAPTER 1
So...U wanna know how to really get ur waves listen to this...Its gonna be long(no homo)

The process
-Wash your hair with a good shampoo(if you can plz try not to use soap. Soap causes your hair to dry upo and lose many of it's natural oils.) So try and use a good moisturizing Shampoo...for example Herbal Essenscees, or V05. Then you use the your conditioner. Me personally i leave the conditioner in for about 5 mins so my hair can get real soft(remeber that you are trying to tame your hair. Hair will naturally grow certain waves for ppl of different enthicities). When u are out the shower or u have wet ur hair dry it so that it is Damp..NOT wet. U are trying to make ur hair mositurized not get it wet...So dont listen to ppl that say Keep ur hair wet... they are wrong.

- Now do a Pre-brush with your brush(hard boar recommended for thick hairt that hasn't been cut, and vice versa for short hair). The pre brush will make it ezier when applying the promade. So use a small small amount of promade(which promade to use ill discuss lata) in the palm of your hand. Rub
the promade in ur hand then run it in the directions that ur hair goes.

-Now u want to brush ur hair. I know that all the people that post here tell u that u need to brush. This is a fundamental rule that many people dont do b/c they are lz. You are a fool if u want ur waves to be hot and u dont want to brush. So brush whenever you have some spair time. I do it when i'm listening to music(dipset...harlem 140th) or watching television. Now brush ur hair uniformed and be consistant. If u brush everyday for like an hour at 5....do it everyday. I recommend that if you want the best waves...like ppl that post their
pics...u should brush for 15-20 minutes after applying the promade. See wat the brushing does.. it one trains ur hair but it also heats ur hair up to a degrees making it more managable.

- Now its du rag time... alway use a durag after applying ur promade...don't let it slide and decide to sleep w/o ur rag... You hair will be frizzy and look twisted. So put ur du rag on. Some of the veterans here say use a stockin cap. They are wrong. A stockin cap is for people with braids/cornrows. See a stockin cap lays on ur head instead of pressing on ur head..like a du rag does.

When ur hair
is wet it will dry and contract. The du rag will cause a wave pattern to form as it presses against ur hair. A stock cap doesnt press and ur hair will go back to the way it was b4 u brushed. Ppl with waves tell u this b/c they have had their waves for a while and the stock cap doesnt make a difference to them. But if ur a noobie to the wave game trust me it makes a different. So put on ur du rag and make it tight.....to a point. Dont cut off ur circulation. Go to sleep and then wake up, wet ur brush b4 brushin to loosen up ur hair a little..... brush to bring out the shine and set ur waves stright.......END CHAPTER I

STAY TUNED FOR CHAPTER II... OR INSTANT MESSAGE ME ....AOL SCREEN NAME TheEdotKid.

STAY LOOK FOR POSTS FOR MY NEW WAVE WEB SITE.
AOL Screen name TheEdotKid
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic