Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straight all the way?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: straight all the way?
    Posted: December 08 2004 at 8:57am
for those of u who have straight hair, do u prefer to make it even straighter, i mean liek all silky or do u like to get it curled or something?
u like ur hair straight or would u prefer them curly?
wat methods do u use to get em curly?
shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 8:58am
i have straight hair n i luv it, but sometimes i would like my hair to be curly, but whatever i do they r bck straight in like an hour or so.....
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 9:19am
LOL :) I have straight hair, and I still wet comb it to get it to dry a little straighter. Otherwise, if I let it dry unevenly, it turns into slight waves.

...but no heat!

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 9:38am
i do that to,but sometimes i just want a change...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 5:09pm
I wet-bun. Basically, you put your hair into a bun while wet, actually DAMP, secure with hair sticks or two scrunchies, whatever works for you, and let it dry in that shape for 8-12 hours. I let it go all day and take it out in the evening... gives amazing spiral curls. Although I'm not saying it would other lengths and other hair types... it really does depend on your hair type whether it holds natural curling well.

If natural methods (e.g. wet bunning) don't work for you, the more effective way is to use heat. Although it is very drying to use heat styling each and every day. Frankly, if you're looking to use heat, I've seen people suggest steam rollers or otherwise the traditional curling iron. ...as long as you use a leave-in conditioner or some other heat protectant, with dry hair on a non-shampoo-day.

HTH :)
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 7:58am
i dont use a blow dryer cuz ma hair****ed up enough from dyin em....
i did the bun thing wit lil buns over the night but i did it with dry hair but it didnt stay like that fo long, i ll try it wit wet hair
tnx
but or the hair still soft n all or does the fact that they were wet buned effect em?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 10:42am
I don't know what the case would be for YOUR hair, but mine feels softer if I damp bun all day.
shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 3:44pm
ql,nice to hear that,will try
tnx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic