Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Permanent Hair Straightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mcstar08 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcstar08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Permanent Hair Straightening
    Posted: December 30 2004 at 2:18pm
Hi everyone, I stumbles upon this website through google. I got my hair straightened with the Japanese straightening system (the real ORIGINAL one). I am here to answer any questions you all might have about it (how to keep it, procedure, etc..).

Post away!

P.S. (I've been getting it done for two years and i LOVE IT!)
McStar08 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McStar08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 2:19pm
Whoops..that was supposed to say stumbled!
jhp View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 5:59pm
I'm getting mine done this week, and I am sooo nervous about it. I'm going to a salon in Beverly Hills which seems pretty good, but still am worried if the lady has enough experience or not. My hair is really wavy with highlights... she said it can be done with different strengths. Anything I should be aware of when I go??? How adamant do I have to be to keep it from getting wet in the following 72 hours? Do you have any before and after photos?

So many questions... so nervous...

~JHP~
jhp View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 5:40pm
Well, it's me again... I got my hair done and its okay. Not thrilled, but my hair is highlighted and really dry to begin with. I thought it would make my hair softer, but it didnt. Its pretty much the same, just with out curls.

A few questions though to anyone out there:

1) my stylist didnt give me any special products to use on my hair. I thought youre supposed to use special deep conditioners for TRed hair. What do I need to use??

2) Does anyone know of any stylist in the LA area that is really good with TRed hair?? Need help...

JHP
meeee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 11:02am
I am having mine done a week from today and I was wondering how long it takes? i am really nervous that my hair might get ruined... is your hair worse?
jhp View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 2:49pm
Hi! It's been about five days since I have had my hair done now. I washed it for the first time yesterday since I had it done. I was pretty nervous about it, but it came out okay!!

It took exactly four hours to do my hair which is pretty thick and about four inches below my shoulders. I have hightlights that are growing out and that part of my hair is pretty dry and the ends are kinda fried, but it helps when I flat iron them. The rest of my hair is sooooo soft and silky.

Overall, I love it. There's a wave here or there, but it's great! It's been raining like crazy here and my hair is still straight! Not frizzy!!!!! Wonderful stuff.

Let me know how yours turns out!
Seta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 4:22pm
what is TR again exactly i keep forgetting and what is the difference between that and bio ionic japanese straightening and also hair rebonding?

how long does your hair have to be? I have llike medium length hair like 3-4" long i think. i guess you just have to be able to fit the iron around it right? I use a flat iron and 1" fits so i would think but then its just a matter that its not worth it for shorter hair to pay that much and then roots grow in quick that need retouched
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic