Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straight hair NOT WANTED!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
islander4917 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander4917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight hair NOT WANTED!!
    Posted: January 07 2005 at 12:33am
ok.. I know this is to talk about WANTING straight hair, but my prob is... I can't do anything w/ my because it is so darn straight.

Any suggestions other than a perm??

oh yah, I also have NO VOLUME @ the roots.. any thing about that??

Thanks a lot.
meeee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 2:46pm
ok... i have really curly and thick hair and it sucks... but if u want it i''ll tell u what my friend did 2 make her limp hair have more volume. If you take a curling iron or smaller curlers and put them in ur hair, spray it. Also use shampoo and conditioner for volume. put in some moose and then either blow it out or put it in curlers. When u decide what ur gunna do, curl when its dry or wet tease it a little and put in some gel or hairspray and it should get more volume. I hope this helps!
nolovenoglory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nolovenoglory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 7:21pm
islander4927, you are sooo lucky i really wish i had you hair its looks so soft and frizz free, my hair is frizzy/wavy and if i wanted hair like yours i would have to pay 500+ to get permanant hair straightening! The thing with your hair is its easy to manage and you definatley can get volume in it by using the right products. First of all you should go to a professional hair salon and ask them for a hair cut that allows volume to be put in easily because your hair cut can make a difference on the volume you can get. If you leave your hair plain straight you can still get volume in ti but it will be more difficult, but if you get it layred with movement you just have to use volumizing shampoo, and conditioner and set rollers in your hair take them out the next day and hair spray, voila.
-hope i helped, take care
islander4917 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander4917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 7:45pm
well thanx for the admiration.. but you know what they say.. you always want the hair that you don't have!! but I suppose we all have to deal w/ it.. but thanks for the advice.. I have tried using Redken Guts, it just works as a mousse type.. but it will do
LaCerca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaCerca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 12:56am
Here's a weird way I that I curl my hair for some volume at the roots. Your hairdo will do so much better after this.

use a medium-large barrel curling iron and curl the roots in a semicircle motion upwards. You might even get a weird wave if you bend your hair.

You then brush the roots and the curl there raises it. Be very careful though not to burn your scalp, it's never happened to me, but you never know.

This is a good way to mimic wavy hair, because if the roots are straight, it kind of gives you away (that your curls are not natural).
amateurstyler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateurstyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 1:58am
Hi Islander
I don't recommend a perm its too all or nothing!
So best is to use normal rollers and set using a fixing spray to give your hair curl or body and to a style which you like. The real benefit is you can experiment with the styling and if you don't like it you can shampoo out!
How to curl: shampoo your hair and towel dry. Buy a fixing spary there are plenty on the market and comb some through damp hair from root to ends. (Some of these sprays are thermo activiated so you need to use a dryer to get it to work well).
Set on rollers (normal plastic) velcro are easy to use and put in particularly if its a DIY job but terrible to take out. So use non velcro and fix with a grip at the base. Roll them quite tight and the style will generally relate to the size of roller: the smaller the tighter the curl. Dry your hair naturally (take a time particulary if using small rollers and if you have long hair) or get a soft hood dryer, if so should take about 30 mins. Once dry allow to cool and remove rollers. Finger tease out the curls or brush gently depending on the effect you want. You can make any number of styles!
Whats your hair length and how much curl do you want? - I can be more specific then
Semi/Temporary curl, wave and colour creator: please try before any perm!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic