Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

flat iron

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
breezey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flat iron
    Posted: January 26 2005 at 7:52am
I bought a ceramic flat iron and it really worked for straightening my long, thick, very curly hair. Except for one thing! It made my hair perfectly straight but the ends kind of stick out. My hair is thick so in the back it was sticking out a lot. I almost felt like now I need to use a curling iron to curl the ends under or something. I tried flattening the ends with gel, etc. but that didn''''t seem to help. I used an oil sheen before ironing. I don''''t know a lot about hair care products or how to use them but I would love to be able to wear my hair straight and if I could solve the ''''end'''' problem, I''''d be set! Any advice?
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 10:42am
well..i had that problem when i straightened my hair...mine was a couple of inches below shoulder lenght and tended to stick right out at the back, so now i either curl the ends under or flick them out with the ends of the iron (this only works well with slim ones)either that, or just dont go all the way to the ends when you do it, which will probably help the condition of your hair too.....this all depends on how long your hair is of course as i can't offer advice except from personal experience
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 2:38pm
From what you describe, it sounds like you probably need a trim. Split ends cause the effect you described when you try to straighten them a flat iron. They are also rougher in texture. A good trim may solve the problem.
-Happy Hair Days
Kim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic