Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Solia vs. Sedu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Passin thru View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passin thru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solia vs. Sedu
    Posted: February 27 2005 at 3:14am
Okay yall, here's the deal. I want to buy a quality flat iron that will get my hair extremely straight. I've heard a lot about the ceramic flat irons and went to Folica.com and researched and read some of the reviews. I've narrowed my choice down to either the Solia or the Sedu. If anybody has used either of these flat irons I'd appreciate your opinion as far as which gets your hair straighter, which one lasts longer (I'd like to be able to straighten my hair only once a week after I wash it, maybe twice at the most and have the straight style last all week), or a comparison of the two if you've used both. Right now I'm leaning towards the Solia, only because it's a few dollars cheaper. Any info or advice is appreciated.
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 10:14am
Either one will work very well. I have a Solia and am completely happy with it. People on these boards who have Sedus love them. So, really, it's up to you.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Deelorraine1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deelorraine1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 10:54am
I also have the Solia 1 and 1/4 " Awsome for multi racial hair.This is the second professional flat iron I have ever purchased.I can not believe our hair , myself and my two daughters hair turned out fabulous.My hair is very thick with very small waves,I also color it on a regular basis, one daughter has finer hair but not as wavy as mine, the other has very simular hair except hers is softer in the back.All puff in the humidity really bad.As for myself the flat irons we have purchased including the one on the infommercial the one with the teeth.I sent it back can't remember the name.Did nothing I mean nothing like this one.We all look like we have relaxers.The eve my daughter did my hair it had rained both our hair looked the same when we got to our destination.I took a shower no problem .We all used different products on our hair so it is NOT the products.My older daughter is going to get one for herself.I will probably get another one in a month or so.UNREAL!!!!!!!!!
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 7:33am
I actually just got a Sedu and it's awesome! It was pretty expensive though (I got mine on sale for about $90). It was worth the money though because I can straighten my below shoulder length hair in five minutes with no frizz.
vickyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 4:01pm
I just recently purchased a Sedu from folica.com and I LOVE IT. Once the hair is straight, I stays that way until the next time you wash.
"And this too shall pass."
SumoSamurai View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 6:44pm
I have straight hair, but the hair on the back where the end is, if I wear my jacket and it always pushes against it and makes it curl, is that why my hair curls? It only curls little bit. Even after washing my hair. I'm thinking about buying a sedu and straighten my hair even though it's very straight already.

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 3:53pm
That is probably why you hair curls. When mine was a bit shorter (about shoulder length) it would curl out just from hitting my shoulders even after I straightened it. If you just plan to straighten the bottom part of your hair you may not need to invest in such an expensive straightener. But they do work really well and I definitely recommend it!
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 8:40pm

Oh yea, I think it's because of my shoulders that's why it curls at the end. So if I have like 2-3 spots of a few hair that curls just a little bit. If I iron it with Sedu, would the affects last longer than if I have really curly hair? Sometimes one of the spot of a small amount of hair that curls doesn't curl. Hmmm

lmao, I thought the admin banned me. He called me a smart ass.

Edited by SumoSamurai

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 6:27pm

Lol, no one could ban you. You add too much to the conversation to be banned.

Anyway, my hair isn't curly, it's pretty wavy and the effects of the straightener last a long time (2-3 days). It would make sense that less curly hair stays straighter longer than really curly hair. Since your hair only seems to curl in random spots you probably wouldn't need to straighten it very often.

Edited by Skzz
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:23pm

2-3 days is long? I'd say a few weeks is long.

Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 1:03am

HMM, Sedu or Solia..? They increased the Sedu 1" by $10, also I only have $91. But probably more expensive the better. Maybe I should get Solia and try it, if it's really good, I'll keep it, if not, I'll return it and get Sedu. =)

Edited by SumoSamurai

jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 12:13pm

Originally posted by Deelorraine1 Deelorraine1 wrote:

I also have the Solia 1 and 1/4 " Awsome for multi racial hair.This is the second professional flat iron I have ever purchased.I can not believe our hair , myself and my two daughters hair turned out fabulous.My hair is very thick with very small waves,I also color it on a regular basis, one daughter has finer hair but not as wavy as mine, the other has very simular hair except hers is softer in the back.All puff in the humidity really bad.As for myself the flat irons we have purchased including the one on the infommercial the one with the teeth.I sent it back can't remember the name.Did nothing I mean nothing like this one.We all look like we have relaxers.The eve my daughter did my hair it had rained both our hair looked the same when we got to our destination.I took a shower no problem .We all used different products on our hair so it is NOT the products.My older daughter is going to get one for herself.I will probably get another one in a month or so.UNREAL!!!!!!!!!

Are you talking about the Maxiglide?

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 12:23pm

What's the difference between the Sedu, Solia, Chi, and Hai? Look at the features and apply the most important ones to your hair...(heat up time, width of plates, lasting effect (which is differnt with hair type), warranty, COST, maximum temp., 100% ceramic vs. metal, more.

I have a Corioliss and it's great. I'll research them b/c I haven't heard much hype until I visited Straight Talk.

Edited by jasmine2g3

My hair idol
Transitioning
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 12:30pm

when did you get the corioliss thingie? how much does it cost/

Edited by Layla
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
femmgrangwav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 12:20am

Originally posted by Deelorraine1 Deelorraine1 wrote:

Do you recall what flat iron it was with the teeth?  Did it look like this?  I'm thinking of purchasing one and if the Solia works better I'd get that.

My hair is natural.

mutley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 2:08pm
hi, does anybody know if you can buy the solia irons in the UK ? i'd get them from folica but in the description it states that they are for use in the US and Canada. folica sell a uk version of the sudu irons which i'll probably get if i can't find the solia irons but they're more expensive so i thought i'd ask here before i get them.
thanks for any help
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 7:23pm

You have to be weary of some of the bad reviews. True most of them are good(on www.folica.com), but here's a negative review on the Sedu iron:

Product Rating: 3 Great product but short lived!  Wed Jun 08 2005
Reviewer: Crystal

I really enjoyed using this flat iron. It worked wonderfully. However, after eight months it just stopped working. I think the heating element must have gone out. The company was wonderful in taking it back and replacing it fairly quickly because it was still under warrenty(I kept all of my original paperwork). I am now concerned that this one may die in several months. I'm not sure the longevity of these items but for $100.00's I think it should last at least two years. I'm dissapointed because the product worked wonderfully and the company was easy to deal with but I would like the product to last a bit longer for the price.

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 3:29pm
Well I think that as with all products there is  always one that comes out defective. I've had my Sedu for a year, and God knows I put that thing through alot of abuse. I've dropped it, and I always wrap the coil around it, eventhoght I know I am not supposed to. Well it is still going strong. Never given me a problem, as well as the 1000 plus reviewers of this product. Overall this is a great flat iron, great quality, and much better than any other iron I've tried; including the $350 Bioionic (don't buy it, not worth it). For me there is no other like Sedu and wouln't change it for anything else.
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 2:45am
its true...sedu should be considered the 'creme de la creme' of flat irons...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 11:22am
Originally posted by jasmine2g3 jasmine2g3 wrote:

What's the difference between the Sedu, Solia, Chi, and Hai? Look at the features and apply the most important ones to your hair...(heat up time, width of plates, lasting effect (which is differnt with hair type), warranty, COST, maximum temp., 100% ceramic vs. metal, more.

I have a Corioliss and it's great. I'll research them b/c I haven't heard much hype until I visited Straight Talk.

OMG my Corioliss isn't as great as I thought. The cord has a shortage in it and there's no way to get a replacement since they're made in Europe and I bought them from a mall kiosk. The people at the mall kiosk keep telling me to come back on different days to exchange them once a manager is in. I've been tryin to return them for the longer--bought them in MAy for $90. I now have the Maxiglide and they work really well on my hair. I get pin straight results b/c of the detangling pins. The only problem I have it humidity since I'm growing out my relaxer. I probably should try Beyond Straight and The End--two products made to use w/ the Maxiglide but they're too expensive.

My hair idol
Transitioning
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic