Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

which is better straightening Iron or relaxers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Viny View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which is better straightening Iron or relaxers
    Posted: March 01 2005 at 9:31am
I have a question about my hair. I have long black hair. I use a straightening iron once a week. I was thinking of getting my hair relaxed. I wanted to ask which of the below is less damage to hair.
1. Using a straightening Iron once a week.
2. Get my hair relaxed from a salon.

I want to know which is better among the 2. Also what shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner do you suggest for straightening Iron or Relaxers.
What is a good straightening Iron brand and which is a good relaxer.
Also I have never treated my hair chemically before.
Thanks a lot for your time and help
Viny
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 4:58pm
im speaking from personal experience here, but your best bet would be to flat iron it once a week. this will be less damaging than having those harsh chemicals put on your hair. (when i relaxed mine, my hair burned off to the roots)
my reccomendations for flatirons would be to go to a beauty supply store (like Sally beauty) and tell them the price range you are willing to spend. then ask for the best flatiron in that price range. i personally use Ceramic Series by Helen of Troy. it works well, and i flatiron every other day, without damage
as far as products, i recommend
1 Matrix Sleek Look shampoo
2 Matrix Sleek Look conditioner
3 Matrix Sleek Look deep moisture mask
4 Matrix Sleek Look Smoothing Cream
5 Matrix Sleek Look iron smoother spray (to protect from thermal damage)
just follow the directions on the back of the packages, and voila straight hair that is damage free!!!

hope that helps
tiff View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 3:47pm
I agree with Bryan. the same thing is happening to my hair right now. If i were u, i would invest in a CHI ceramic straightener! As for the hair care, i like Dove and my favorite is I-Bella. i got it from a nice salon, but its amazing! they have shampoo conditioner, and special leave in's! good luck

<3 Tiff
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 6:28pm
Sedu is a really good flat iron (I want one, I've only read reviews and talked to people that have one) and Phytospecific is a great relaxer. I use phytospecific.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Veronica F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 6:55pm
*sniff, sniff* I wish it didn't damage the hair so much so that i could get my color treated hair relaxed...*sob*
Cool Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cool Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 4:10pm
WOw. You guys have had some bad luck with the chemical straighteners.

I used to have wavy hair and i decided to get it straightened. I only did it once and my hair has been straight for about 4 months.

I'm thinking of doing it again cuz i'm starting to see it a little wavy and i hate ironing it.

SumoSamurai View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 6:06pm
What do you guys think about www.trueceramicpro.com? I saw it on tv.

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 7:02pm
There's an enormous thread on this page about the True Ceramic Pro. Just like everything else out there, some people love it and some people hate it.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic