Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paging Uzma!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paging Uzma!
    Posted: May 18 2003 at 11:39am
Hi Uzma,

I am curious if you know the answer to Star's question about the moon and am waiting w/ bated breath to hear your answer. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 12:26pm
Hi Karen and Starburst

First Quarter and Last Quarter is synonomous with "half moon".

Here is a chart of the Lunar Phases for anyone who is interested:
http://www.astro.umd.edu/education/astro/moon/phases.html

Sorry for the delay!!

Best wishes

Uzma

P.S. There are specific lunar and solar hair rituals in various pre-Christian belief systems (IMO erroneously described by the catch-all, God-denying term "pagan").
Don't wish to offend any religious sensibilities & sensitivities by describing these here, but those who think that hair is just dead stuff that grows on our heads for purposes of adornment should be aware of the possibility of other purposes.
Uzi

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 1:55pm
Hi Uzma,

Thank you very much. I am going to study the link. You are the best.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2003 at 5:12am
Hi Uzma and Karen,

Thank you both for the scoops.

Now another question if it is not too personal? Karen, I have seen photos of your hair and heard from people that know you that it is as gorgeous in person as in the photos. Uzma, I have not seen your hair but I am sure it is gorgeous as well. Can I please ask what your sun and moon signs are? Do you think there are certain signs or planets that encourage or discourage gorgeous hair?

Thanks in advance.
Star
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2003 at 6:27am
Hi Starburst

My Sun is in Cancer and my Moon is in Aries.
Therefore I am a fire & water elemental combination.

With respect to my hair, it is colourless in that it is black and white. Which points to extremes, like the fire/water thing.

The colourlessness also signifies receptivity, which is a very Cancerian/Lunar trait as the moon reflects light but has no light of it’s own.

The Aries/Mars aspect comes out in the coarse texture of the hair, its strength,flame-like waves and feral nature.

I am saving up to get a digital camera very soon and hope to post pics in a few weeks.

With regard to your question about signs/planets that encourage/discourage gorgeous hair, I am not aware of any such correspondences.
I do have an idea of the planets and their human physiological associations, excluding hair, however.

I would love to hear about your Sun/Moon signs and if your hair bears any relation to them.

Thanks

Uzma
Uzi

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 11:26am
How can we determine our suns/moons? I don't know mine. I do know that I was born on 5/27 which was a Friday in 1966, at 10 AM in the morning.

Thanks

Elissa
classic Gemini
[/url]

uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 1:27pm
Hi Elissa

Your Sun sign is Gemini (it is the star sign or zodiac sign we most refer to).

Your Moon sign needs to be calculated by someone who has the appropriate software or charts.
They will also require your place of birth.

I could not find any place on the net that would do this for free. They usually ask between $10 and $30 depending on what you want.

Uzma
Uzi

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 6:03pm
Hi Elissa,

I don't know what city, state or location you were born in but based on your birthday and year you have the Moon in Virgo (which explains your interest in eating healthy - on a very small scale. As Uzma said you have Sun in Gemini and at the time you were born Mercury was in Gemini.

If you bMail your location I will run your natal chart and email it to you.

Best wishes,
Karen
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 6:12pm
Hi Star & Fellow Cancerian Uzma.....

I am Cancer Sun w/ Pisces Moon that is exactly trine to my Sun. That explains my whackiness because of all that water and Neptune. Cancer and Pisces are 2 of the three water signs. I have Libra w/ intercepted Scorpio ascendent. The Libra side allows me to be polite and nice but the Scorpio side makes me more intense overall and a major workaholic. Along with some other Scorpio traits.
:-)

I have personally noticed for me that during challenging Saturn transits through my chart that I tend to have problems with my skin and hair. I just went through a 2 year difficult Saturn aspect and at the beginning of the period my skin broke out badly and my hair was crazy for a little while. It is fine now.

I think it is hard to make general assumptions about someone having great hair by their sun sign only. Keep in mind that whether you follow the system I follow or Uzma's system, that every person has a complex and very unique chart that is a mixture of many factors.

Overall Venus is considered the sign of beauty and some believe that a strongly placed Venus or someone with Taurus or Libra signs will have more advantage in the beauty department. Other believe that Leo is significant for beauty.

We can explore this further if you like but before I blather on, let me know if there is even an interest.

Best wishes,
Karen
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 7:25am
Hey Karen

I too have a Libra ascendant.
It keeps the Lunar and Martian aspects balanced, i.e when I become over-sensitive to insults and respond with anger, the scales kick-in and save me from making an utter fool of myself (usually).

Also have a lot of Piscean placements in my chart which explains the dreaminess and creative outpourings.

I would add that I neither believe nor disbelieve in celestial influences on our personalities, psyches, bodies, destiny etc.

Just keeping an open mind and having some fun.

Maybe we could develop a "theory" of celestial influences on hair. Perhaps post a poll here to see if it bears up..........just kicking ideas around.

Take care

Uzi
Uzi

BlueHeartdKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueHeartdKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 1:57pm
Hello Ladies,

I'm new to the board but this seems to be the best site for the info.

Karen--I'm curious where/who/what you've studied with. I have been looking for hair/astrology stuff on the net and have come up empty for sources. I'm also a student of the metaphysical but need help with my hair. I figure it's worth a shot using the astro. info since my hair is so high maintenance. Any advice is welcome.

Elissa--here is a site that will help you calculate your charts for free. They also have a great daily horoscope.

www.astro.com

BHK
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 2:32pm
Hi Uzma,

Libra ascendant as well? Wow. We need to have an all night PJ party. :-) We could really get into some serious mischief.

Hi BHK,

Welcome to our boards. Thank you for your great comments and suggestions.

To answer your questions...... I started studying astrology when I was 15, which was many years ago, back in St. Louis. I took many many correspondence classes through the American Federation Of Astrology (AFA) and I took horary/electional correspondence courses through Diana Stone & Gilbert Navarro. I also studied with local St. Louis astrologers/metaphysicians including Linda Rose Albert, Rosie Cosentino and Edward Cleary. I attended many seminars and special classes held by a wide range of groups such as ISAR and AFAN and SWAC. I have met Rob Hand & Linda Goodman and many other famous astrologers over the years.

I used to write a monthly astrology column for a few mags back in St. Louis and had a call-in radio show on KXOK radio.

That was all in a previous life before I moved to Dallas and tranferred my passion from the stars to hair :-). While I still privately follow the stars & metaphysics for my own life and business I no longer do it professionally. :-)

While there used to be lots of great astrology groups on the Web, they seemed to have disappeared. I think when Uranus moved into the later degrees of Aquarius things changed and more astrology buffs went underground.

I would love to help if possible. Please post your thoughts.

Karen

BlueHeartdKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueHeartdKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 5:02pm
Thanks Karen!

Big ol' Virgo, Pisces Moon, Sag. Rising--so yeah, I love to study stuff but I know I'm still a novice with anything more in depth than a natal chart. In a nutshell, I have this huge head of thick naturally curly brunette hair that is impossible to keep balanced and moisturized. I was specifically curious where you learned about when to do specific activities during which phases/signs/transits. Was there a specific source regarding hair or has it just filtered down thru accumulated study of astrology & hair individually?

BHK

p.s. (I'll be glad when Uranus moves out of Aquarius later this year although it's supposed to be a great year for me! Yeah!)
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 1:44pm
I almost forgot that I posted on this thread!

Thanks Uzma, Karen, and Kitty. And welcome to the board, Kitty!

I would love to have you work up my chart Karen, if you have the time! Please don't hurry because I know how busy you are (and I'm going on vacation tomorrow!). I was born in da Bronx, New York, New York and I don't mind saying so publicly. :)

I lost da accent years ago when I moved to the northern suburbs, ha ha. So I don't speak as though I just walked off the set of "Goodfellas", but some of my old high school buddies do.

Thanks for this interesting thread!

Elissa
[/url]

Karen M. Shelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen M. Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 8:03pm
Hi Elissa,

Have a great vacation (I am jealous by the way) and I will see what I can email you when you get back.

Best wishes,
Karen
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2003 at 9:28am
Thank you Thank you!
[/url]

JJ2Alsie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ2Alsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Elissa Elissa wrote:

How can we determine our suns/moons? I don't know mine. I do know that I was born on 5/27 which was a Friday in 1966, at 10 AM in the morning.

Thanks

Elissa
classic Gemini

---------------------------------
Elissa,
Somebody posted a link where you can get this info, free charts & more:

www.astro.com

-JJ
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2004 at 9:46am
WOW--old thread! Thanks!!!!!!
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic