Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tanning lotion/stains nails ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tanning lotion/stains nails ??
    Posted: June 10 2003 at 12:02pm
Ok guys plssss don''t think I''m whacked or anything *LOL* well ahem...pass on over that. Thing is when I wear clear coat on nails, which might I add I just LUV OPI Nail Envy - Dry & Brittle formula...after I come out of the tanning bed they have a very faint dark/yellowish tint to them, as opposed to the pretty, natural/healthy look they had before I tanned. Anyone else experience this...any ideas/suggetions??

Thx in advance
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 5:12pm
This does happen and the more you tan the yellower they get. I don't know of a solution.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2003 at 6:57pm
I am an avid tanning bed goer. I bought a clear formula from Walgreen's awhile back that is specifically to put on top of other polish so the UV rays and all the other many different rays from the sun and tanning bed won't turn your polish yellow. This will happen, some more than others. Sally's beauty supply might have stuff along the same lines if you don't have a Walgreens around you.

I can't find mine at the moment or I would send you the name. It was in a clear bottle, with a yellow lid and yellow writing on the bottle.

Also, stay away from polish that has Formaldehyde in it. This will turn your nails yellow as well. Plus for me, it just gives me the ickies knowing that is what they store body parts in and I am putting it on my nails. hehehe
goosie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 11:14pm
um...off the nail subject: be careful with the tanning because tanning beds aren't any safer than the sun, and skin cancer is simply just no fun
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic