Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some Help Please...Oil(s) For Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Help Please...Oil(s) For Hair
    Posted: July 02 2003 at 11:31am
Okay I'm new to the long hair thing...have set my sights on seeing if I can get mine down to somewhere past my bra line. This is the first time in my life I've took such excellent care of my hair, and it's paying off. I check things out here as often as work permits...like a sponge soaking up all the long hair info I can *lol* I'm interested in the oils I've been reading so much about. Any suggestions on what I might try and where to find the products?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Mylissa
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 11:36am
God who's face is all RED now??? Sorry as I can be guys...I got all excited and posted in the wrong section *rolls eyes heavenward*
Mylissa
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 3:33pm
Hi Mylissa!

That's OK. We all goof up sometimes. It's not totally off topic. I usually find my nails harden after putting oil in my hair. :)

I think the best oil for hair is jojoba. But I guess it depends on the kind of hair you have. Mine is somewhere on the fence between fine and normal, and it's kinda wavy, but mostly straight. :)

I tried coconut oil last night for the first time, and it left my hair a little limp and greasy. But definitely moisturized! All in all though, the jojoba oil is still my favorite. You can buy it at most health food stores, in the beauty section. Shaw's (a northeast supermarket chain) even has it in their health food section. They have a shelf of natural beauty care products in the health / natural food area.

Just be sure to look at the ingredient list and make sure the only thing on the list is jojoba oil. I've seen some brands "water" it down with other ingredients.

FYI, it's about $7 or $8 for a 2oz bottle around here, but that is good for 5 or 6 soakings of my bra-strap length hair. I put it on my hair dry and just keep putting it on til it's all soaked. Usually I'll leave it on overnight or even 24 hours before I wash it out.

It's also good to put just a small drop of jojoba oil on your hands, spread it all over your hands, and put it on your hair dry. It's a good moisturizer / defrizzer.

Get me started talking about jojoba, I'll never shut up! LOL
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic