Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My shrink tubing arrived!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My shrink tubing arrived!
    Posted: March 21 2005 at 7:50pm
yeah tell me about it

I think I know what i need now after looking through everything I've got and compparing to Kristin's shrinkies.

Now all I have to do is find somewhere that will sell me less than 100 yds of it at a time
Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 7:33pm
Hope you get some favorable results from your samples, Mochachip.  I have been doing a little research on this as well, but have yet to come to a cost-effective solution.

The 3-M EPS 300 tubing seems to be too thick--it closely resembles the tubing I got from CableOrganizer, which was too thick, turned soft/white, and didn't shrink enough.  It's rather rigid, as well.

I've been looking for some that is much thinner-walled, which is a little time-consuming, as these online industrial sites don't seem to be set up for the online window-shopper. 

Anxious to hear about what you learn! 
mtolady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 11:26am
wooohoo newbie here!

my husband is a mechanic...so i asked him if he had shrink tubing...and down to the basement we went.

I tried it between one segment of hair i pretipped and the shortie part of the extension weft i trimmed it from.  i used my salon curling iron for the heat clamp...on #30 setting.  that worked awesomely.   i let it cool, brought it downstairs for him to see...he yanked...and the hair stayed.

so he's bringing me more shrink tubing today.

the hair i'm using is doc locks Remi cuticle...i dyed it to match my own as i have red hair and ...there IS NO MATCHING :)

i got wefted and sewed clips to it...but my hair is so thick...the clips slip right out....so perhaps i'll pretip a bunch of hair and try this method....hubby says by the time i get these extensions in...my hair will be that long!

he's game for all this...he used to date a beautician!
has someone been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool again?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 6:47pm
Ditto--can't wait to see your pics. Good luck! :)
Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 3:39pm
Mochachip, www.imageshack.us is good for hosting pics, its pretty easy and no signup required! 
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:48pm
Can't wait to read your results!
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:39pm
That would be great chick x
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 1:37pm
So especially since I work with shrink tubing in my day job I've been somewhat skeptical of the idea that DIYer's can't find the right product and then cut it to length themselves.

I now have a couple different varieties (with and w/o glue different materials different shrink ratios) to try when i do my install (hopefully this weekend).

I figure I will do couple test strand tonight.  I'll try to take some pictures though I'm not sure where to host them....

I know others here have tried this (I've been lurking for a while) so maybe we can all compile our results and finally get answer as to what they really are!

:)al
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic