Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

orange oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: orange oil
    Posted: March 16 2005 at 11:01am
It was suggested to use orange oil to remove shrinkie residue on the forum, does anyone know where it can be purchased.  Perhaps a name brand. 
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 2:21pm
You can buy it in a natural food store, or anywhere they sell aromatherapy supplies.

It's very light, I would expect it to work better than vegetable oil.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 2:28pm
Stand by on your purchase of orange oil. I'm a soapmaker and have more
essential oils than you can shake a stick at. I'll try the orange when I get
back from San Francisco later this evening and let ya know how it works.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 9:54pm

Hi girls!

I heard from another extensionist that there is a product called 'Remove' (it's also an oily orange smelling substance)  that you can buy at any drug store that works for cleaning residue.  You can find it in the laundry detergent/ cleaning product aisle.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 5:15am
How about the Take Down product? Would that be appropriate for shrinkie residue removal? :)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 9:33am
Metalgirl, isn't the MB shrinklink remover an orange based product?
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 11:32am

Yes,  the MB remover is an orange based product, and it does work very well.   He puts it in his own bottle with his own label, so I don't know the ingridients.

Take Down works too.  The problem with Take Down is that it is so oily, you have to wash the hair about 10 times before reapplication to get all that oil out of the hair.

I usually only use Take Down if someone has some serious tangles in thier hair that I can't get out any other way.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic