Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Homemade Hair Recipes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
simplired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 9:30pm
yeah, but what type of hair do you have, Woman from india have totally different type of hair then the average  afro american......WackoThumbs%20Down

Edited by simplired - April 19 2007 at 9:31pm
Nothing Beats a Failure but a Try!     Sondra
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 11:20pm
My hair texture is quite rough and it does not even fall well. But applying curd helped me in improving my texture of the hair, it has become silky and manageable.
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 3:26pm
Coconut delight conwash:

About 1 or 1/2 cup coconut milk (the thick, creamy fat)
apprx 1/4 cp VO5 moisture milk strawberry and cream or VO5 champange kisses con (or any light condish that has slip that is cone free)
apprx 1 tbsp kenra mc (or any thick, creamy deep condish that is cone free)
apprx 1/4tsp castor oil
apprx 1/2 tsp olive oil
apprx 1 tbsp honey
appx 1/4 tsp blackstrap molasses

I love doing this conwash it is such a treat for the hair.

Enjoy
Hair album
pw:Romeo
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 10:51pm
hi,

One very good recipe for controlling hair fall can be as follows:

Coconut milk is another magic potion for your hair. Take a dry coconut and grate it. Grind to a fine paste and then sieve through a soft fine cloth to collect the milk of the coconut. Make around 1-2 cups of milk depending on the length of your hair. Apply the milk on the scalp and hair and leave to dry. Keep it for about 2 hrs and then rinse your hair with normal water (do not apply shampoo). This will leave the pure coconut oil in your hair. Keep the oil for 24 hours and shampoo the following day. This process will make your hair softer and smoother to touch and you will see an almost immediate drastic reduction in your rate of hair fall.  For chronic cases of hair loss, do this once a week. Eventually once the problem is resolved completely, you can do this once in 2 or 3 weeks. It helps not only in reducing hair fall but also improves the overall health and texture of hair.
*GEICY* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *GEICY* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

Sounds good Sugaplum

Homemade hotoil treatment

You only need two ingredients: oil and conditioner. You can use olive oil or just plain vegetable oil, which is even cheaper. Put about 1/4 cup of oil in a small saucepan and add a tablespoon of hair conditioner. (You can use any kind of creme rinse, this is good for using up conditioner that you didn't particularly like since you will be shampooing it out anyway). Do not use leave-in conditioners.

Tnks.. I'm definitely gonna try this oneWink
lusciouscurlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lusciouscurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 2:48pm
yES!!

Finnally, this is what Dominicans use on their hair- natural ingredients- NOT Dimethicone based products that are a quick temporary fix.

aLL THESE INGREDIENTS DO A BODY GOOD- i MEAN Hair!

kittenbubbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittenbubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 3:39pm
good info
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 3:53pm
Here's another favorite of mine:

For Very Dry Hair - Avocado Hair Mask:

Mash one very ripe avocado, 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, a banana, and 1 tbs. honey together in a blender. Blend until the mask has the texture of a cake batter, with no chunks. Apply one quarter of the mask to dry locks for 10 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.  I also added coconut oil.

Moisturizing Hair Pomade

4oz melted unrefined shea butter
2oz jojoba oil
2oz coconut milk
couple drops of fragrance oil

Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whip the mixture thoroughly. Throw into a container and allow rehardening.

The Hair Smoothie

1 ripened banana
1/4 cup plain yogurt
4 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 tablespoons honey
3 teaspoons milk

1. Cut banana into small pieces.
2. Put all ingredients into a blender.
3. Blend until you get a thick smoothie-like result

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 1:03am
I'll definitely try this recipe. Thanks for the information.
simplired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 10:56am
Hi sashie

I tried the coconut. WOW!  no breakage at all. It has been a month since I tried it and now I will reapply it again.

So I am sold on the coco nut milk
I simply bout the coconut cream, since I was to lazzy to grate a raw cocnut

The cream worked the same miracle.  I did leave it on my hair 24 hrs.
Nothing Beats a Failure but a Try!     Sondra
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 1:10am
Thanks Simplired.
I am happy that you gave the recipe a try.
It is very good for contolling hair fall of any kind. And you must repeat it after every 15 days for faster results and if your hair fall comes under control then you can reduce he frequency of applying it.
BABYGIRL718 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BABYGIRL718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 8:59am

Hi Simplired! I am new here.  I love the coconut milk recipe that Sashi recommended. *Hi Sashi*!.  Where did you get the coconut cream from?  Can you buy it from the supermarket or health food store?

sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 10:19am
Hi,
You can get coconut cream from any supermarket or health food store.or you can get coconut and remove it yourself.
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 4:42pm
Wink Hi Sugaplum.
That's a lot of stuff, but it sounds good.

Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 2:45pm
i am going to try the pudding buy getting my own ingredients together

thanks for posting
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 12:30am
I am going to try the hair smoothie
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 5:02am
i am so friggin busy with work, and school,
but i do love using tea tree, and honey
primNproper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primNproper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 11:20am
I was literally just thinking about this topic last nite.  "I need to go to a site where I can find home hair care remedies"
Neway, these all look interesting and I would love to start trying them, but I had a few questions I hope you all can answer for me. When I eat fish, which I ate a ton of when I lived in Korea, my hair grew liek a weed, now that I'm state side and dining on McDonalds and other fast foods, I feel like my hair growth is slowing. Is there anything I can mix and apply directly to my hair to stimulate growth, I also would love a recipe for something that would stop shedding, I don't really comb my hair too often, so when I do I kind of shed a lot at once, guess it just kind of builds up. Comb about once every two weeks.
Any tips or tricks would be really appreciated.
I also have started using that Dr. something miracle growing stuff (sorry i can't remember the name) anyone have any experience with that? is it worth the money?
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 11:53am
some sheading as u well know is natural, but we usually know when we are really losing hair abnormally.
Alteration in nutrition can affect hair growth, there are other foods that may provide the same key nutrients that promote healthy hair growth as fish, or its equivilent.
May have to do some searching and researching on the WWW, and there may even be some topics here that address those issues.

By the By, how do you manage to not comb your hair for 2 week stretches? I wear cloth on my head quite a bit, with a barrier between my hair and the material to prevent dryness and braekage.......bu I still keep it clean, and neatly platted underneath.
Tell me what you do, maybe it will be something I can use too.
Passionflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passionflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 11:52am
I know this is an old blog, but I stumbled upon it a few days ago and thought the coconut milk recipe would help with my hair breakage.  I'm a newbie, so to speak.  Transitioning.  It's been three months since my last relaxer.  I am trying to prevent breakage as much as possible and postponing the chop for as long as I can.  I bought concentrated coconut cream because it was easier for me to do rather than grate a coconut (kinda like the other poster).  My question is, do you do apply this on wet hair or dry hair?  And, even though it is suggested this be left on for 24 hours, can you rince out before?  Like in 7 or twelve?  Hoping someone can get back to me on this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic