Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSetting Up Spell Checker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting Up Spell Checker
    Posted: March 16 2005 at 6:41pm

This new board has tons of options for ease of use.  One new feature is the ability to spell check.  Thank goodness since I am the world's worst speller.  :-)  It is fairly easy to do but here is are some tips:

1.  Type a sample string of text onto your message board.
2.  Select the spell checker button along the second row above.  The button says ABC with a check mark.
3.  If you have not already installed the spell checker, you will be asked if you want to install ieSpell.
4.  Select OK.
5.  You will be walked through a series of options to set up ieSpell.  Please note that if you have a PopUp Blocker configured you may not be able to complete the ieSpell download.  You will have to temporarily unblock pop ups to proceed.
6.  The ieSpell config option gives you a choice of which spell checker program you wish to download.  Depending on your system, some of the options may or may not be available.  Select one that is available and say OK to download.
7.  You will probably get a screen that gives general usage information.  ieSpell is free to use for personal use so it is OK to say I Accept the terms since you will be using the spell checker with this message board only. Which of course is personal use.
8.  Once ieSpell has been downloaded successfully, close the window and you are ready to spell check.

Of course it is not required that you spellcheck before you publish a post, but it is always nice.  Also, the spell checker program, once it is loaded offers a quick dictionary feature (I LOVE this feature) so you can work on your vocabulary.  :-)

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Edited by Jeffrey Hines
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic