Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PlastikHaar: The Pantone of Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PlastikHaar: The Pantone of Extensions
    Posted: March 16 2005 at 7:44pm

I just got my PH color rings, and I'm blown away--there are like 120 colors to choose from (I lost count at some point). It's too bad these photos suck so badly; they really don't do the colors or the hair justice at all. I was hoping to get an accurate representation of the shades, but with the flash, they're too shiny and bright; without, they're too dull and dark.

Oh, well. If nothing else, this will give hopefully give you an idea of the vast range we're dealing with here. In some cases, there are shades (like dark brown, light blonde) where there are so many similar colors--the difference between them is so subtle, you really have to squint to see it. In fact, when I initally ordered Platinum and Satin, I thought they were the same color. Looking at the color ring, I think I was mistaken: They're probably just so subtly different that I didn't notice it before.

Anyway, here they are (2 rings, natural and funky):

:)

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 7:52pm
Awesome!
That's clearer than Sara's pics on the website just cause the colors are next to each other not photoraphed individually.

Do me a favor and check out Limone vs Gelb.  I have the former and the latter is in my box somewhere over the ocean But I'd like a native english speakers description of the difference just to keep me going until my box arrives if you don't mind too much!

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 7:57pm
LOL!! Aren't they just unreal?! Don't you just want to try all those colors?! Plastikhaar is just beautiful - the colors, texture, everything.

Edited by Syren123
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 8:53pm
Hmm...let's see. Limone vs. Gelb: The Limone (UV, I assume, as I don't see another one) is much greener (like a fluorscent green) and appears to be a blend of a few shades, wheras the Gelb is more of a true, bright lemony yellow and appears to be more solid. The two look great next to each other; are you planning to combine them? :)
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 9:04pm

what about erdbeere vs rot uv.

i really wanted a darker red for my red for my flames but chili red is out of stock (and i want it uv) but rot is too bright for me) how does erdbeere look, i know it's magenta ish... but...

i love plastikhaar
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 10:12pm
Well, the Rot UV and the Blut Rot look virtually identical. I can barely tell them apart, so I assume the major difference is the in the UV-ness. The Erdbeere looks almost the same as those two, except that it's blended with a bit of magenta, which is quite pretty and gives the color some more depth. The main hue, though, is almost exactly the same as Rot UV and the Blut Rot. :)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 10:38pm
Merguthrie, get thee a color ring, girl! You of all people should have them!

I want to see one of you pale blondes use that beautiful baby pink, or maybe some of the aqua blues for the summer...heck. Maybe i'll put the baby pink in my dark hair and tell anyone who makes a snide remark where they can stuff it. It would be tame compared to the colors my high school students come to school with (like the boy with the best dark pink mohawk I've ever seen). Today two sisters came in with blue hair - one light aqua and one more a lake blue. That's what made me think of the PH funky colors and how pretty they'd look on our blondies.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 10:44pm
Most definitely. I've got my eye on that Eisblau; it's gorgeous! :)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 10:46pm
Thank you Jenny!

No I'm installing the limone as an undercolor ASAP.

When I picked it off the color swatches on the website I had thought it was more sunny/less green than it is.  Because after the limone under color I'm going to do fire colored tie ins.

But this way I get to do shrinkies for my undercolor and switch to hairpolice for my flame head since I don't have to use the same hair (and 16" pretippied hair wouldn't go very far as tie ins..)

THough if they look good together I may put a few strands of the gelb and a few strands of the weiss that I ordered in with the limone for my undercolor.

Right now I need my ship ment cause my browns for the  not undercolor part are in it... well some of them.

Thanks again!

:)al
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 10:51pm
ohmygod mochachip! You have GOT to post pictures...I can't even imagine what you just described! But it sounds awesome.
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 10:52pm
thats what i thought jenny. i am getting the erdbeere... i was not so fond of the blut rot wwith the blonde
i love plastikhaar
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 10:58pm

Well, the Blut Rot looked great in your photos, but it looks lighter in person than I expected. I actually ordered the Kirschrot, the Burgundy Rot, the Barbie Pink, and something else...maybe the Schock Pink?...I'm losing track now.

:)

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 11:00pm
Oh, as far as the reds, the Erdbeere looks like a good choice. The Pepperoni might be a good alternative if that's not available. :)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 11:07pm
I really need to get batteries for my camera.  I've been meaning to post pics on Quinn's site for ages but usually if I'm really lucky I manage to get a couple of pictures taken and then the same dead batteries are back to being really dead before I can get the pics off the camera and onto the computer...

so hopefully it will be as awesome as I'm planning and you seem to expect too Syren.  I've gotten really lucky so far and had no major issues with a hair plan not turning out the way I had expected.

My head is so naked right now.

:)al
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 11:43pm
OH M'GAWD! Look at those scrumptious colors!

Now I have a question. The colors you initially got that you said were no
different, do they match the ring?
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 1:44am
Thanks jenny for posting the rings.......they are great colors!!
I have never seen such a beautiful aray of colors.
Dome has a poor selection next to PH. I am interested to get
the prostyles ring and see what selection they have to offer.

Edited by Save~A~Stray
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 2:07am

If human hair came in that many colors I'd truely be in heaven!!!!!!

Holy Cow, those colors are great!!!!

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 4:04am
There is actually a color difference between the Rot UV and the Blut Rot, as well as some of the other reds. Think of "red" as a middle ground between purple and orange (which it is, on a color wheel). Some reds have more orange in them, some have more purple in them. Rot UV is an orange-based red, though it's pretty close to a "true red". It's also almost exactly the same color that most red synth (from Afrocare or Doc) comes in. Blut Rot is the exact same level of brightness, but a puple/blue-based red. Pepperoni is also a purple-red, as is burgundy. I believe the red element in Erdbeere is a purple-red, probably Blut Rot or Pepperoni. IIRC, Chili Red and Hot Chili are orange-reds, as are other reds going up the ring towards yellow. "Natural" reds are usually orange-reds, except for possibly #33 and #35 (I can't recall what their PH equivalents are)- those are almost purple-browns.

ETA: Oh, and those flash photos came out pretty good. Yeah, they're a lot shinier than in real life, but if you look at the part of the swatch away from the flash it's a pretty good representation of the color. Thumbs up!

-Rae

Edited by zapevaj
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 4:53am

Rae: Yup. The flash photos are better. Unfortunately, I have no ability to control the flash on my camera, though; the thing just does what it wants to do....

AMM: Yes, seeing the ring now, I think I was wrong about the colors; I think there is a subtle difference between some of these shades that's almost impossible to detect if you don't have the excellent lighting in your apartment and the color ring in front of you.

If you remember Kalika's pictures, those two or three blondes looked exactly the same (Sherrie and I had the same experience, too)--I think it was Vanille, Satin, and Platinum. Those colors are SO similar, even though they look quite different onscreen. This mostly applies to the dark browns, the light blondes, and some of the bright reds, imo. I'm very particular about the color of my hair, and I couldn't tell the difference at all, until now. The good thing about this is that there are so many shades to chose from, if one's out of stock, you can easily find a suitable replacement. There are certain colors (like light blue, Eisblau) that have no comprable alternative, but there really is a huge depth here. 

Point being, the rings are a must. :)

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 7:18am
wrt the out of stock possibility.  Sara was really good to me.  She was out of kaffee 50mm when it was time to ship my order.  I had already order kokos as well.  She offered to either send me either 28mm kaffee or two additional packs of kokos 50mm plus a pack of black (she didn't say which one) to blend it with to get the same effect as kaffee.  her selcetion and customer service contimue to be absolutely phenomenal!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic